C300 Coupe Boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobJones1971

Car
C300 Coupe (2019 model)
Hi,

I’ve just taken receipt of my first MB, a 2019 C300 coupe, AMG premium model and I’ve got a minor question please. The key has a boot opening button (the button has an icon with a two way arrow), but the button does not shut the boot. There is no button inside the boot, so the only way to close it is my manually pushing the boot down.

Is this correct, manual option is all there is? Like I say no big deal but on a newish model MB I would expect a way to automatically close the boot.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob. Yes that's correct the boot doesn't have powered close, well mine doesn't anyway! Maybe it's an option but I've not heard of it.

It's not something that bothered me, but I was expecting better on opening the boot - the only way is the fob or the button in the drivers door, which can be inconvenient with hands full. Some friends had a C class saloon and I'm sure the boot on that opened by a sensor underneath that could be triggered with a wave of the foot.

Thanks for the reply.

First world problems I know, but it does surprise me there is no powered close; I guess with my recent cars I thought that was as standard, even if by a button.

How are you getting on with the car? I love mine, great combination of sporty but comfortable for distances. Beautiful to look at inside and out.

However there's a few little things I want to get checked out. Mine seems to run warm. Lot of heat and warm plastic smell from the engine bay! I assume you have the same engine (the 2019 got a new 258PS M264), have you noticed anything like this?

Hi, yep loving the looks and handling. Coming from a couple of Evoques I’m enjoying the handling of a lower car.

No, not noticed any issues with the engine. What else are you concerned with?

Only thing missing I think is the boot, plus I’d like to have the pan roof of my previous cars. Was unsure when I went for the coupe, but already after month or so I can see me upgrading to the C43 in a couple of years.

Yeah agree on the handling! I didn't really have much experience of modern Mercedes cars and thought it might be more luxury than sporting but I've been really surprised. Loads of front end grip, it loves tight roundabouts.

I wanted the C43 too - had an M140i before so was used to a beasty six cylinder motor, but I was faced with a 2017 C43 with 50k miles on it, or a 2020 C300 Premium Plus with 7k miles, with the digital dash etc, for the same price. For once I used my brain haha.

I've just got a few little niggles. One of the seats is getting stiff to fold back (we use it a lot for my daughter to get in the back), and the front suspension clonks slightly coming down speedbumps. Fixed once but has returned. That's all I'd class as things that need fixing. I've also noticed a little chattering noise accelerating hard at low revs but am sure it's normal, and to be fair the hot running thing also could be normal. The coolant tank is right at the front of the engine bay so it makes the front of the bonnet and wing quite warm to touch.

But yeah overall it's the best car I've had. Really hits a sweet spot between driver enjoyment and comfort. Congratulations on your new car. Post up a photo if you get chance!

Yep is a good balance between sporty and sensible. Driving mainly in Sport mode is more fun than comfort. What surprises me is how it takes off when you get to over 60mph. Is fairly rapid from that speed. No major gripes yep but as a new car still getting used to it.

In mojave silver …

Attachments

• BD343073-606C-44A0-8018-2B9F524A9EF8.jpeg
    BD343073-606C-44A0-8018-2B9F524A9EF8.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
Great colour - looks fantastic. Like a different take on silver.

Mine is black, I really wanted the blue as have owned a lot of black/white/grey cars but couldn't find a deal, and this has grown on me (when it's clean ha)

MercedesC300Coupe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom