C300d mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dafrog

Car
C220CDI AMG SPORT, CLK 500
My CLK 500 was hit in the rear and was written off. Now have a C300d. Strangely it doesn't have a cigarette lighter socket. It's an optional extra with the alternative option being a third USB socket!! However my concern in the mpg. It was advertised at up to 60mpg but on a run to Portsmouth it does just over 40mpg. I do that 60 mile trip down the A3 regularly and our C220d estate does up to 60mpg.

My CLK 500 was hit in the rear and was written off. Now have a C300d. Strangely it doesn't have a cigarette lighter socket. It's an optional extra with the alternative option being a third USB socket!! However my concern in the mpg. It was advertised at up to 60mpg but on a run to Portsmouth it does just over 40mpg. I do that 60 mile trip down the A3 regularly and our C220d estate does up to 60mpg.
Update. Found a cigarette lighter in rear compartment. Can now check tyre pressures!

ive got the same car 300d coupe. on a motorway run i get about 55 mpg if driven steady. You start hitting 80 mph and the mpg soon drops to low 50s high 40s.

ive got the same car 300d coupe. on a motorway run i get about 55 mpg if driven steady. You start hitting 80 mph and the mpg soon drops to low 50s high 40s.
Thanks. I'm doing a longer run today.

I’m up to Edinburgh tomorrow for New Year celebrations, round trip of around 500 miles,
4 people and luggage, hopefully will get around 50 mpg average.

Little traffic. Selected the Eco for whole journey and managed 48mpg.
That sounds fairly reasonable. What was your cruising speed?

So my trip to Edinburgh was managed without any problems. Car was fully loaded , 4 people and boot completely rammed with heavy bags & booze.
Tyres were pumped up to the Max settings according to the fuel cap .
Trip to Edinburgh 235 miles it averaged 48 mpg , most of the speed was around 77 - 83 mph .
Return trip same miles , similar speed but averaged 43.5 mpg .
Overall average mpg was 45.6 mpg , which isn’t bad I think considering the weight of 4 people and boot rammed of luggage. It was even scrapping on the floor over speed bumps in Edinburgh 😬

The whisky tour was very good , sampled 5 single malt drams and tour of the virtual distillery. All very interesting.
Followed by plenty more drams in the pubs . 🥃🥃🥃
Toured the Castle on the Sunday which was nice.
Great 4 days away. Car was faultless, plenty of power when needed, superb cruising car 80 mph @ 1500 rpm 😊

Attachments

• 54CE29DB-84F6-42C7-9F85-D203D8E3A71B.jpeg
    54CE29DB-84F6-42C7-9F85-D203D8E3A71B.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 5
Did a return journey to the same town, Bradford on Avon today, but in the 8 year old C220cdi. 207 miles at average 50 mph exactly.

So my trip to Edinburgh was managed without any problems. Car was fully loaded , 4 people and boot completely rammed with heavy bags & booze.
Tyres were pumped up to the Max settings according to the fuel cap .
Trip to Edinburgh 235 miles it averaged 48 mpg , most of the speed was around 77 - 83 mph .
Return trip same miles , similar speed but averaged 43.5 mpg .
Overall average mpg was 45.6 mpg , which isn’t bad I think considering the weight of 4 people and boot rammed of luggage. It was even scrapping on the floor over speed bumps in Edinburgh 😬

The whisky tour was very good , sampled 5 single malt drams and tour of the virtual distillery. All very interesting.
Followed by plenty more drams in the pubs . 🥃🥃🥃
Toured the Castle on the Sunday which was nice.
Great 4 days away. Car was faultless, plenty of power when needed, superb cruising car 80 mph @ 1500 rpm 😊
Was the whisky tour the "Johny Walker Experience" ?

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I’ve just done my first proper ‘run’ in my C300d and I’m a little surprised with the drop off in economy from my CLA220d (which averaged 57mpg over 33k). I just completed a 150 mile round trip, 52mpg on the way - 48mpg on the way back, the same journey would have easily resulted in 60+mpg in the CLA.
I was expecting some drop, but given they’re the same engine, with a different map I am shocked in the difference……
Are these numbers what I can expect from now on?

Merry Christmas!!

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I’ve just done my first proper ‘run’ in my C300d and I’m a little surprised with the drop off in economy from my CLA220d (which averaged 57mpg over 33k). I just completed a 150 mile round trip, 52mpg on the way - 48mpg on the way back, the same journey would have easily resulted in 60+mpg in the CLA.
I was expecting some drop, but given they’re the same engine, with a different map I am shocked in the difference……
Are these numbers what I can expect from now on?

Merry Christmas!!
Have you been taking into account the colder weather. And that the car hasn't loosened up properly yet. Mpg seems to increase once over 10k miles.

My C200 remapped does 42mg on a 75mph run

Have you been taking into account the colder weather. And that the car hasn't loosened up properly yet. Mpg seems to increase once over 10k miles.

My C200 remapped does 42mg on a 75mph run
I should have said it’s ‘new’ to me, it’s got 25k on the clock. The CLA was a coupé and FWD, so a RWD estate was always going to use more fuel, like for like. It’s got around 25% more power, so perhaps anything better than 25% drop in economy is a win….

I should have said it’s ‘new’ to me, it’s got 25k on the clock. The CLA was a coupé and FWD, so a RWD estate was always going to use more fuel, like for like. It’s got around 25% more power, so perhaps anything better than 25% drop in economy is a win….
The CLA is also very good drag wise. One of the best actually. Even more so the shooting brake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom