C300h broken down 984 miles on the clock!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil7483

Car
E280 cdi
Hi all
Very annoyingly my new 2016 C300h broke down today!!!

The car became very spluttery and jerking and then the management light came on, managed to pull over and turn the engine off and restart only to be told by the computer that the car is inoperable!!!!

The car has been absolutely fine until now! And the only thing I can think that would of caused it maybe!??? Was that I put shells v power nitro diesel in it as opposed to the normal diesel as there was none available at the pump.

When the recovery arrived they scanned the computer with the code reader and it threw up 4 codes
3 of which I saw included
Low coolant pressure
Low fuel pressure
And something too do with turbo valve??

It's being collected again to go to MB tomorrow morning so will update when I hear anything,
But in the mean time any one heard of this or had similar experience?

Also too top it off there is no towing eye in the car either so it had to be towed on to the low loader by the lower arm!!!
Car supplied direct from Mercedes corporate fleet sales!!

Sorry to hear this and hope you get it sorted out OK. However, I'd be a bit worried that towing on to low loader by lower suspension arm may have upset the steering geometry and I'd have the dealer record this and perhaps even get them to do a check. Strange that the towing eye was missing though.

Ernie

Sorry to hear your issue, I have an E300 and had a couple of issues early on but it has been running superbly for a long while now, as it should of course.
I hope this is a one off and is quickly sorted.

Wow bad luck,think that must be the lowest mileage merc ever to give up,cannot wait to hear what has gone wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom