C300h owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CRBXF

Car
C300h AMG Premium +
Just thought I would ask as the C300e guys have their own thread and so I thought this might be an area for the "other" hybrid in the C class(!)

I am also interested to know how many others are on here and what is the best and worst bits of owning a C300h?

Only 2700 posts to go!

If mine weren't a company car I'd probably go for the 300h. A better blend of motorway frugality but hybrid cleverness.

Hi,fellow c300h owner here,had mine 5 months,it's exactly a year old and just had it's first A service at 11200 miles,only problem I've had so far was a jolty gearbox when in traffic and switching from electric(hybrid mode) back to diesel mode -quickly resolved by a software update(known issue).Car has averaged over 46mpg in the 6,000+ miles I've done in it(mixed driving),it's an amg line so has all the toys,very comfy,plenty of performance when needed and Diesel engine not at all intrusive even when cold,all in all very happy with the car so far:)

Hi, so there's at least 3 of us :thumb:

I've got an AMG line premium plus, so most of the toys... :D

Had it 5 months and apart from initial problems with engine management light, all good since. I keep seeing a C300h as I crawl around the M60 most mornings, poss someone on here? Hybrid is the right car for a slow commute... 1 hr 35mins to go 13 miles this morning... but just shy of 40mpg.

Cheers

John

Another one here. Sport Premium.

Just ticked over 22,000 miles (still on original set of rear tyres!).

Problems I've had so far:

Faulty rear brakes (3,000 miles)
Faulty front brakes (11,000 miles)
Adblue malfunction (12,000 miles)

Other than that, it's been a most excellent car.

Another one here. Sport Premium.

Just ticked over 22,000 miles (still on original set of rear tyres!).

Problems I've had so far:

Faulty rear brakes (3,000 miles)
Faulty front brakes (11,000 miles)
Adblue malfunction (12,000 miles)

Other than that, it's been a most excellent car.

What we're the faults with the brakes/addblue?-It did take a while getting use to the brakes on my c300h in electric mode as they behave very differently to a non hybrid car.

Hi, so there's at least 3 of us :thumb:

I've got an AMG line premium plus, so most of the toys... :D

Had it 5 months and apart from initial problems with engine management light, all good since. I keep seeing a C300h as I crawl around the M60 most mornings, poss someone on here? Hybrid is the right car for a slow commute... 1 hr 35mins to go 13 miles this morning... but just shy of 40mpg.

Cheers

John
It isn't me on the M60 but I do cross it every day to and from the office.

Took an hour to do the 6.5 miles today :dk:

I can't get the outside temperature to show on the drivers display even though the option appears to be available - when I select it, nothing changes.

Elsewhere on here they say a software upgrade fixes this - have either of you two fellow C300h owners had the upgrade and does it fix this?

What we're the faults with the brakes/addblue?-It did take a while getting use to the brakes on my c300h in electric mode as they behave very differently to a non hybrid car.
The discs had "warped". So have had new discs and pads under warranty all round.

Adblue was a faulty sensor, replaced under warranty again.

It isn't me on the M60 but I do cross it every day to and from the office.

Took an hour to do the 6.5 miles today :dk:

I feel your pain!! :eek:

took me 1hr 42 mins today :wallbash:... I hate the M60 with a passion!

I can't get the outside temperature to show on the drivers display even though the option appears to be available - when I select it, nothing changes.

Elsewhere on here they say a software upgrade fixes this - have either of you two fellow C300h owners had the upgrade and does it fix this?

Had a similar query regarding engine temperature... does anyone know if it can be displayed?.... or do MB think its unnecessary/

Had a similar query regarding engine temperature... does anyone know if it can be displayed?.... or do MB think its unnecessary/

In the service menu scroll down to coolant and the engine temperature is displayed.

In the service menu scroll down to coolant and the engine temperature is displayed.

Cheers,

will give that a whirl... just never had a car that does not automatically display engine temp.

Just been in garage and found it under service menu as you said... weird place to put it?

Last edited:
Cheers,

will give that a whirl... just never had a car that does not automatically display engine temp.

Just been in garage and found it under service menu as you said... weird place to put it?

It is-instead of glancing at the on board display like in most cars you have to scroll through to display it while driving,not the best idea!

I guess MB have decided that "Sir needn't concern himself with such matters". Arguably all we need is a warning light and message if a parameter gets out of normal range. Feels a bit odd I agree, but it's just years of habit I suppose.

Anyone who has had an E90 BMW will have got used to not having an engine temp gauge. They did at least manage a permanent outside temp display though, as did Vauxhall in my 1993 Corsa. :wallbash:

I didn't have one on either of my Jag XFs either.

Must admit it didn't really bother me.

But the outside temperature does!!

I have an AMG trim estate with 19 inch non run flats. Company car but I do very few miles and I wonder now if I would have been better with a C350e running mainly off petrol only (parked on road).

Like the C300h but the hybrid functionality has not worked since I bought it as 1 year old car. Hopefully imminent service will fix that. Also would like access to outside temp. Even the little Seat hire car I just had in Spain warns me of possible icy temps!

Attachments

• IMG_3933.jpg
    IMG_3933.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 15
Finally have the hybrid side of things working! (I have a thread about it not working, a service seems to have sorted). Great how it goes in to glide mode, and to have the engine shut down when it should.

When I was looking at the C class, I decided I much preferred the look of the estate over the saloon. When I was young I used to really like the Reliant Scimitar and am I mad, or is it vaguely reminiscent...

Finally have the hybrid side of things working! (I have a thread about it not working, a service seems to have sorted). Great how it goes in to glide mode, and to have the engine shut down when it should.

When I was looking at the C class, I decided I much preferred the look of the estate over the saloon. When I was young I used to really like the Reliant Scimitar and am I mad, or is it vaguely reminiscent...

Glad your cars working how it should have-I'm now an ex C300 h owner,lost confidence in the car with the amount of owners that have all the common hybrid related issues(and some other w205 ones too)add that to the lack of mb technicians trained to maintain/repair these complex cars I decided to cut my losses(only owned the car 6 months and in truth the C250 cdi would have been the wiser choice with little difference in running costs doing 12k in it annually).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom