C300H Vehicle Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abzkay

Car
MERCEDES-BENZC300 HYBRID AMG LINE PREMIUM PLUS
I currently have an outstanding vehicle recall as stated on Mercedes website when I enter my VIN. Went to Mercedes and they couldn't find anything on file. Am I to be worried that the works needs done or as they've stated "ignore".

Vehicle in question is Mercedes Benz C300H W205 (2015)

Attached below is the recall outstanding.
Any information and help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200727-151607.png
    Screenshot_20200727-151607.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 18
This is the Diesel emissions 'fix' which reduces Nitrogen Oxide emissions by using more AdBlue in normal running conditions. Should make the air cleaner. Seems to be mixed reviews on fuel consumption but Mercedes 'promise' that it doesn't impact fuel consumption in any negative way. Difficult for those of us not 'in the know' to understand the details and since it is software I suspect that it is a difficult one to work out without having full visibility of the changes to the code. Obviously Mercedes won't reveal that...

Not sure how much of an impact it will have on a C300H, then again I'm not sure what impact it will have on my C220D when it is flashed with the new software at the next service. I'm surprised the Mercedes dealer didn't have any knowledge of this and said to just ignore it though. I'm sure DB will be asking them some questions if the number of 'fixes' is lower at the dealer than elsewhere. That said I suspect that there are a few on here who'd be delighted to know of a dealer who isn't going to upgrade if their car goes to them.

Fill your boots...:

There are other threads....

Fill your boots...:

There are other threads....
Thanks for the heads up.

So, at risk of starting another thread on the subject - what's the general consensus? Refuse the 'upgrade'? I don't like the idea of not using 7th gear again!

No idea... as of April last year, I no longer own a Diesel car, and don't expect to own one either 😎

For those who are wondering what branch this is, it is the Brentford branch in London. Once again it clearly states through their webpage that it is outstanding however the service assistant showed me the screen and it was completely blank. Something is clearly strange here. However since the debate of fuel consumption I will stay put. I've recently changed the battery on my vehicle and the hybrid system seems to be working overtime. Driving in London as a daily chore I'd get roughly 35MPG however ever since the change (done last week), I kid you not 48MPG that's an increase of 37%. Having read through the forums apparently alot of parameters need to be met for optimal performance from the Hybrid technology.

For those who are wondering what branch this is, it is the Brentford branch in London. Once again it clearly states through their webpage that it is outstanding however the service assistant showed me the screen and it was completely blank. Something is clearly strange here. However since the debate of fuel consumption I will stay put. I've recently changed the battery on my vehicle and the hybrid system seems to be working overtime. Driving in London as a daily chore I'd get roughly 35MPG however ever since the change (done last week), I kid you not 48MPG that's an increase of 37%. Having read through the forums apparently alot of parameters need to be met for optimal performance from the Hybrid technology.
Do you main the main battery for the car or the hybrid battery

I'm going to guess it's the 12V battery...I suspect the OP would be less chirpy having had to replace the HV battery!! :(

The car needs a good 12V battery for the start-stop to work, that's not any different with the hybrids as they still have a conventional starter motor for the ICE (sadly). I still reckon the hybrids will hammer the start-stop more than a conventional car TBH, as you don't stop the ICE on a non-hybrid when wafting along as you do with the hybrids. Probably even more so with the C300H as the HV battery is so small.

Good to hear it's behaving again after the new battery though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom