C300h - where is the outside temperature display?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Becky0032

Car
C300h
Hi, just taken delivery of my C300h. I'm baffled because I can't find the outside temperature display anywhere. Can anyone advise please? I've tried all the menus and drawn a blank. I read somewhere that it won't be displayed on the multi function display main screen, but I would have thought I could see it somewhere, on one of the menus. Called MB to ask and they have promised to call me back but haven't yet... The manual just directs me to the multi function display but I suspect that's a broad instruction and not specific to the UK spec.
Any advice gratefully received. Thank you!!

#5 below left of the MFD?

imgddda3a3da8ca62a035477e681b421b42_1_en_GB_TIFF.jpg

When I bought my Vito it didn't show the outside temperature, but after upgrading to the higher spec instrument cluster, it was there.
So I suspect all cars (surely!) have the facility, but that some don't show it. :doh:

Thanks for your help. I think this is really poor on MBs part - I don't mind it not being on permanent display but I would like the option of scrolling through the menus to see it. Also the dealer never rang me back either...not a great first impression...!

Thanks for your help. I think this is really poor on MBs part - I don't mind it not being on permanent display but I would like the option of scrolling through the menus to see it. Also the dealer never rang me back either...not a great first impression...!

In fact it is just embarrassing, but the fact that MB UK blames the "EU regulations" is just pathetic. In any case, if you are willing to scroll through the menus, the only screen displaying the temperature information on the C300h can be accessed in the "Trip" section.

Just press the button with the Home icon on the left side of the steering wheel, select the "Trip" section and scroll along until you get to a screen that looks like this:

Attachments

• 20150810_162840.jpg
    20150810_162840.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 34
Hi, thanks for your help but no it doesn't even show it on this screen. It just says "trip" where yours shows the temperature. The battery image is in the right hand side on mine so perhaps mine is s slightly later build? I've been through every single menu and can't find the temp anywhere. Very poor.

Hi, thanks for your help but no it doesn't even show it on this screen. It just says "trip" where yours shows the temperature. The battery image is in the right hand side on mine so perhaps mine is s slightly later build? I've been through every single menu and can't find the temp anywhere. Very poor.

Hi Becky, I had the same issue - it is there ok, but not in the same place as all the other Merc C Class cars. Go into the display and the use the up and down buttons on the left hand side of the steering wheel - come to the screen that shows the total car mileage and there it should be on the bottom right. If you move to any other screen (ie I alsways have mine on the digital speedo) it disappears.

Temp 300h.JPG
hi, just taken delivery of my c300h. I'm baffled because i can't find the outside temperature display anywhere. Can anyone advise please? I've tried all the menus and drawn a blank. I read somewhere that it won't be displayed on the multi function display main screen, but i would have thought i could see it somewhere, on one of the menus. Called mb to ask and they have promised to call me back but haven't yet... The manual just directs me to the multi function display but i suspect that's a broad instruction and not specific to the uk spec.
Any advice gratefully received. Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom