C32 alloy for spare (Specs required)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blackscooby

Car
W203 C32 AMG, Honda VFR Vtec, Peugeot 205 GTi rally car
Hello,

It's been a while since I dropped in, but now I could do with some help.
My C32 has no spare, infact it has none of the parts for a spare... fastening or anything. Comes with a nice can of gloop for repair. Not exactly useful on our annual jaunt to Le Mans.

Sooooooo the plan is to get a full size alloy to keep as a spare.

Anyone know the specs (offset, PCD etc) the I will require so that I can use the spare as a front or rear ?

Ta

Mark

Will it not be the same as the other four wheels you are running?

Will it not be the same as the other four wheels you are running?

Depends if he has a staggered set up or not.

Blackscooby: Are your front alloys 7.5J and rears 8.5J? Also, if you do opt for a full size spare then you may possibly have issues with boot floor mat not being flush with the spare wheel well but it can be done with a small modification by buying a different plastic insert for the tool kit etc. that slots inside the spare wheel.

Last edited:
Just as I thought the standard C32 AMG does have a staggered set up 17"x7.5J Front and 17"x8.5J rear. Therefore, in order to get a full size spare you would need a 17"x7.5J alloy wheel as you cannot fit anything bigger to the front and would be ok using a 17"x7.5J on the rear.

Thanks for the advice folks.
I've won a bid on eBay for a 17" 8J wheel. It's only 40 quid so not going to break the bank, I've also got a suitable tyre from an old 3 series beemer. If it doesn't work I haven't lost much.

Cheers
Mark

You cannot fit a spare tyre in the boot mate.
I was hoping on doing the same as you last year, and guess what............... ive got a spare wheel in the garage, as it cannot physically fit unless u adapt the rear well of that of the C55'S.

Another thing to note is that yes indeed the wheels are staggered 7.5j vs 8.5j so there for you cannot fit fronts to rears as youll be having major rubbing issues.Pretty crap if you ask me but thats the way it is................

Please read this thread, it specifically relates to fitting a spare wheel to a C32 AMG:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8482

Please note that it should be possible to carry a spare wheel for all MB models as in some European countries it is a legal requirement to carry a spare wheel, the tyre repair stuff and a compressor is not enough to meet the legislation.

Shude you're a star !
3 parts ordered today.
1 * 225 shell,
1 * screw
1 * bracket.

Just waiting for the wheel and I'll see it it all works together !
Off to Le Mans in June and I'd rather take a spare to be honest than stressing over a puncture / blow out !

Cheers.

I'll let you know how I get on !

Shude you're a star !
3 parts ordered today.
1 * 225 shell,
1 * screw
1 * bracket.

Just waiting for the wheel and I'll see it it all works together !
Off to Le Mans in June and I'd rather take a spare to be honest than stressing over a puncture / blow out !

Cheers.

I'll let you know how I get on !
I'm not joking when I say I should get a commission cheque from MB every year for the huge amount of traffic I send to their parts counters. Maybe I should ask for a referral code or something? :)

I look forward to hearing how you get on with this :)

Right sorted... well nearly !
Finally got around to picking up my new spare and putting it in the boot with all the parts listed above. Shude you should be on commission :) it works perfectly !

Just got to sort out my wheel bolts now. The AMG ones are too long at 20mm shank plus 20mm thread.
I need 26mm total length with the spare... so off to order some bolts !

Spare fits perfectly over the AMG caliper so will work well.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom