C32 AMG 2002 Auto Dipstick location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TJC

Car
C32 AMG
As per title , I have found engine dipstick location , centre rear engine , black cap , but for the life of me i just can not find location of the autobox dipstick/filler location , been trawling the net to no avail , no luck ,if anyone got a picture of the location , think that may be better. Think me eyes failing :D
Cheers, Tony

ps just in case you all think me gone mad , i no longer have the CL600 , Now got C32 AMG

Is that not the gearbox dipstick you have found? is there an engine oil dipstick or is the level checked by using the dash display?

Hi mate , no the one towards rear of engine near central of the two intakes is black cap defo engine oil dipstick location,dark brown , smells of engine oil , have checked that with ebay dipstick , all ok and yes the display does tell me if engine oil high/low , but i need location of autobox dipstick/filler , cheers,Tony

As above, would like to change oil soon and check on level , so, any takers :)

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The Black cap one is the Auto Box one. It should have a red tab on it you break off to get cap off.

TJC said:
As per title , I have found engine dipstick location , centre rear engine , black cap , but for the life of me i just can not find location of the autobox dipstick/filler location , been trawling the net to no avail , no luck ,if anyone got a picture of the location , think that may be better. Think me eyes failing :D
Cheers, Tony

ps just in case you all think me gone mad , i no longer have the CL600 , Now got C32 AMG

Take the drivers side airbox off on the intake and y pipe and your see the gearbox dipstick .

The engine dipstick is in the centre between the two intakes .

Get it right because the first time I did it I didn't get it right and cost me an extra £100 to sort haha.

Sorry. I was being really ignorant with my post. Hope you will now be able to find it, T.

Just to update , i found it ok , good idea to use a torch to see better:eek: , was behind and low, past left bank near bulkhead , thanks to all.
Tony:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom