C32 AMG Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiny1138

Car
Golf GTI
Hi
I do apologise if this topic has been brought up many times before before I start!

I'm looking at buying a C32, saloon or estate, I have no preference

My dad has had one in the past, but this was years ago and was only a few years old

After any info or advice you guys can give me on owning now that they're 11 years old or more; servicing costs, niggles you find, things that are prone to go wrong, and mpg (my dad seams to remember 27 on a motorway run was normal?)

I'm looking at a 2003 with no more than 70k on the clock (I know this may take some time to find) so I believe the better xenon lights and not prone to rust quite as much??

Any info on owning this classic would be much appreciated!

Merry Xmas

Thomas

Low mileage examples are becoming rare. I have a 2004 estate in Jasper blue with 64000 miles, but unfortunately it is not for sale. It will be exhibited in MB World at Brooklands in April if you want to see it ;-)

The issues are well documented, and most big things like Valeo radiator issues will have been sorted by now. Look out for leaky chargecooler cores, failing intercooler pumps, and rust in the usual places.

Fantastic cars though! I've had mine from new, and still prefer it to my C55 estate.

As mentioned above, finding one with such low mileage (given their age) will be hard work. I'd always buy on the basis of condition and history. If you can work with a higher mileage car, Bobby (Rob's) C32 is currently for sale in the classifieds. It's a very well looked after car with full MB history, it's a 2003 with the Bi-Xenon lights:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...2003-c32-amg-fmbsh-owned-me-since-2005-a.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom