C32 Amg eurocharged wheel spin/launch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fige18

Car
C32 amg
Hi there everyone

Around a week or so ago I fitted my 61mm supercharger pulley and got my remote tune all from eurocharged for my c32 Amg :)

I have noticed a huge difference in power and have no complaints at all.

However...... I am getting a lot of wheel spin with all this power, just to mention I do have the standard 17" Amg alloys with 2 back and 1 front barely legal tyre which is obvs part of the problem.

I just want to ask anybody that has had this upgrade what they went for as in wheels size and the actual tyres an if they make a difference and if you had so much wheels spin?

I would also like to ask how would you recommend getting off the line quickest now with all this power, I.e in D with traction on but not fully throttle to start or a different way, all advice welcome.

Again I am very happy and the car is so much faster its the best cheapest upgrade I've ever purchased for a car, and a bit of wheel spin can be fun, but I don't wanna be stuck at the start line for to long ;)

Anyone selling wheels or tyres also let me know please.

Thanks
Chris

New tyres helps loads!

LSD an option, but the key thing is your own input.

Like any powerful RWD you need to learn to use the accelerator properly. Just like any launch you need to carefully balance a acceleration to avoid wheel spin.

This will take time, effort and some rubber :)

I've got the same from having a C350 where I could permanently drill the throttle back to a torquey powerful car with a light rear and fairly slim rubber for 450bhp.

You need to learn to feed it in and practise makes perfect. In my car it's always best to use the Sport Handling mode which allows some slip but stops me from properly smoking the rears if I **** it up.

I love 4WD for the crazy nature of getting off the line with no talent, but I much prefer the challenge of learning a powerful RWD car!

New premium tyres and if you can stretch to it a Quaife ATB LSD is what you need :thumb:

hi and welcome

Great to hear that you have had the Eurocharged Treatment :)

As Bobby Dazzler said you need a Quaife LSD Diff to help with the extra Power :)

Good Set of Tyres are a Must.

Acid

I have just fitted a brand new set of Conti Sport Contacts to my C32 and the grip is brilliant. I can floor it in the dry and not spin the wheels, and they're responsive in the wet as well.

A Quaife diff will possibly be my next step.

Thanks for replies so far guys, moff makes sense what your saying, it's just because I use to be able to floor it with hardly any issue, feel at the moment the car is miles fast especially on motorway, but like my 0-60 maybe slower at the moment :(

SPX - are you eurocharged then an the tyres helped?

What's the going rate for an LSD for a c32 anyone know?

So do you guys think I should stick with 17" alloys or go to 18 to add just a little bit more weight to help with wheel spin an not loose to much power I've gained?

Also what tyres would you recommend as I use this car daily to work and back so couldn't exactly get r888's as they wouldn't last very long :( need something in the middle?

Would wider tyres at the back help if so, what's the widest tyre I could have?

Thanks again

SPX - are you eurocharged then an the tyres helped?

So do you guys think I should stick with 17" alloys or go to 18 to add just a little bit more weight to help with wheel spin an not loose to much power I've gained?

Also what tyres would you recommend as I use this car daily to work and back so couldn't exactly get r888's as they wouldn't last very long :( need something in the middle?

I've not Eurocharged my C32 just yet, I'm in the process of restoring the car back to its former glory.

A Quaife LSD is around the £800 mark, if I remember correctly.

Like I posted earlier, I recommend the Conti Sport Contacts on the original 17's. I think you lose a bit of feel through the steering wheel when you start going up in wheel size.

LSD direct from Quaife was about £800 plus fitting but I believe you must order from Birds now (assuming you're in the UK now). Kleemann supply LSDs but I'd be looking at Quaife.

Standard 17-inch wheels are probably optimal for the C32 in performance terms but 18-inch wheels probably look better.

Continental, Michelin or Pirelli will be fine and much of a muchety muchness unless you're a top percentile driver and drive at ten tenths regularly. I've found Michelins last longest and Pirellis wear quickest.

You might squeeze a 255 tyre under the arches, but personally I'd stick with 245.

ive got 255 35 18 on my c32 and they don't rub at all plus its been lowered, but saying that the arches have been rolled for them to fit, I haven't eurocharged mine at the minute but I still get wheel spin until about 40mph ish after that its fine

Normally the softer the rear end the better your traction will be. After that soft tyres and a slippy diff are the key - if one wheel spins all the torque disappears in tyre smoke

You might want to look at limiting torque in first gear

Wider tyres may give you more grip but worse traction - you'll have to experiment

Nick Froome

LSD is a must if you're running allot of power, I hardly ever get wheel spin on my 32 and I'm at 407bhp after the EC map & Pulley.

i don't like the sound of "barely legal" tyres. Must be a nightmare in the wet. What about the traction control ?. mine works extremely well in my c280.

I Found lowering the tyre pressures in the rears helps on my EC Charged SLK32 but I have had the traction light on at 80 mph in the dry with the kick down. Lots of fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom