C32 AMG IAT high value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jerry270ML

Car
ML 270 cdi , C280, C32 AMG
Hello
I want to ask you guys what could be the cause of a 90 Celsius ( IAT ) ?

I m getting intermittent power loss on high acceleration and high speed ( the supercharger is cut off) for few moments. I press the pedal and car doesn't accelerate anymore .
After i checked today the IAT with a Android applicantion i got this value ...
Didn't got any CEL ..

Should I try first to change the MAP/IAT sensors first or its the intercooler pump ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-10-19-42-02.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-10-19-42-02.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 43
More than likely it will be the charge cooler pump that has failed.

These cars are very prone to it.

Funny enough i have fitted a new one to a forum member's car today in fact

Heh I know its a well known problem , did you checked also the relay / fuse of it from what I know must be changed too .How much it was the pump ?
Do you think a non working sensor can mislead and show a high IAT ?

Thanks

I think your confusing it with the secondary air injection pump which you have to change the relay and fuse for

It could show a high intake temp but unlikely

The pumps are around £150. But this is for a johnson pump not the original pump which is a lot more.

The johnson pump is used as it is more reliable than the genuine mercedes one.

I spoke with ROB from Needswings and he sells pumps like this one

Bosch Intercooler Fluid Pump

Should I try first to change the sensor and see how things go ?.....

I think your confusing it with the secondary air injection pump which you have to change the relay and fuse for

It could show a high intake temp but unlikely

The pumps are around £150. But this is for a johnson pump not the original pump which is a lot more.

The johnson pump is used as it is more reliable than the genuine mercedes one.

Personally i wouldnt worry about the sensor i would go straight for the pump.

One thing though does it always read that IAT or does it rise up when giving it a boot full

If your temperature is changing so starts lower when the engine is cool then it is likely to be your pump.

The needswings link you posted is what people refer to as the 03 pump.

You can also get it from these guys in the UK

Chargecooler Pumps | Intercooler Pumps | 12v Bosch Water Pumps

I think the non MB one's may have a different connector for power but they also sell those will work out easier than getting from the US.

If your temperature is changing so starts lower when the engine is cool then it is likely to be your pump.

The needswings link you posted is what people refer to as the 03 pump.

You can also get it from these guys in the UK

Chargecooler Pumps | Intercooler Pumps | 12v Bosch Water Pumps

I think the non MB one's may have a different connector for power but they also sell those will work out easier than getting from the US.

I just checked the IAT 3-4 hours ago .. I will go in 1hour and double check if its lower then after few minutes goes high. Also now its cold outside.

Thanks a lot !

I just checked the IAT 3-4 hours ago .. I will go in 1hour and double check if its lower then after few minutes goes high. Also now its cold outside.

Thanks a lot !

Don't hammer it to get the temeratures to rise, just ensure the SC Clutch is engaged through normal driving. Those sort of temperatures are not great for the engine.

Personally i wouldnt worry about the sensor i would go straight for the pump.

One thing though does it always read that IAT or does it rise up when giving it a boot full

I hopped maybe its only the sensor , and it will not be necessary to change the pump ... I checked the IAT with the car stopped . I will go for a ride in a few and let u know .

Thanks

Don't hammer it to get the temeratures to rise, just ensure the SC Clutch is engaged through normal driving. Those sort of temperatures are not great for the engine.

Yes I know :( ... I will be back with the results .

Thanks

I've never changed the temp sensor, but i must have done a dozen or more pumps. Check the pump fuse first, it's in the boot on the C32.

I've never changed the temp sensor, but i must have done a dozen or more pumps. Check the pump fuse first, it's in the boot on the C32.

Its number 5 fuse if I am not wrong ?

@ [email protected]

Here are the second results and logs from the OBD logger.

First one when i started the car 60 celsius and after 10 minutes 82 celsius

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-01-57.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-01-57.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-13-26.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-13-26.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 22
Sounds about right. I can't say from here on my sofa, but it 'aint the top one. A few down, could well be number 5.

Yes... I will check it tomorrow .

And here is the log . I made 2 pictures of it .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-44-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-44-28.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-44-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-11-00-44-35.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 27
That looks like very cool software Jerry270ML, what software/ hardware are you using?

Is Dashcommand software , works on my Android and I m using a obd2 elm327 bluetooth adapter . around 20 pounds all the things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom