c32 amg not turning over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

north-star

Car
c32 amg estate / Porsche Boxster s
After dropping my Daughter of at school this morning and the car seemingly running fine/smooth i've now got a problem with starting her up.

I tried 3 times to start her up and she wouldn't turn over, making all the right noises and there didn't seem to be any wrong noises but it just wouldn't fire up!

4th time i tried she did start up and idles fine but the engine management light is now on even though the car reads as having no faults, possibly the alternator or starter motor?

About a month ago whilst i was offshore my wife did moan about the car being a bit lumpy and the revs jumping a little when she was sitting idling at traffic lights etc and the engine management light came on, when i got home from offshore i gave her a good run and the light went off and the cars been fine ever since including whilst idling??

Any ideas before i book her into the garage to get hooked up to STAR?

:cool:

Could be a crank position sensor.........!! Had that go on mine. Cold starts were ok but if you drive the car and tried starting when warm it could take a fair few minutes to start! The next stage will be dying on you when you take the load off the engine approaching roundabouts......with alternator warning or similar in red on the dash!! Parts cheep enough, access is a nightmare and if it's welded itself in its a potential drop the gearbox on its mounts to tap it out from inside......

Could be a crank position sensor.........!! Had that go on mine. Cold starts were ok but if you drive the car and tried starting when warm it could take a fair few minutes to start! The next stage will be dying on you when you take the load off the engine approaching roundabouts......with alternator warning or similar in red on the dash!! Parts cheep enough, access is a nightmare and if it's welded itself in its a potential drop the gearbox on its mounts to tap it out from inside......

Ok, so if it is the crank position sensor will this show up on STAR?

Also i don't like the sound of the rest of your post, i just see Pounds signs flashing before my eyes :doh:

Can't be too hard on her though, barring a pulley going a while back i've had nothing else in 5 years, hopefully my luck isn't about to change. :eek:

What about the MAF sensor, i did have mine replaced a while back when i got new air filters and a main service.

Faulty perhaps?

north-star said:
Ok, so if it is the crank position sensor will this show up on STAR? Also i don't like the sound of the rest of your post, i just see Pounds signs flashing before my eyes :doh: Can't be too hard on her though, barring a pulley going a while back i've had nothing else in 5 years, hopefully my luck isn't about to change. :eek:

Just so long as you'll still have enough dough to buy the SL intakes lol!! I think mine ended up at a couple of hours labour plus the part!

Any OBDII reader will pick up a CPS code but star will definitely give more info

Just so long as you'll still have enough dough to buy the SL intakes lol!! I think mine ended up at a couple of hours labour plus the part!

Any OBDII reader will pick up a CPS code but star will definitely give more info

lol :thumb:

The Boxster is still in the garage and now this!!

Well after picking up my Daughter from school this afternoon the car is now running fine, idling fine and the engine management light has went out!

Weird :confused:

Will be interesting to see what the STAR machine will come up with.

north-star said:
Well after picking up my Daughter from school this afternoon the car is now running fine, idling fine and the engine management light has went out! Weird :confused: Will be interesting to see what the STAR machine will come up with.

I'd have thought there will be stored trouble code in there somewhere if the EML came on!! The only other time my EML came on was for a random over boost but that didn't effect the car at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom