C32 AMG or C180?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks as though the bonnet has not been adjusted properly, nothing much just wind the front adjuster's down a bit .

Buy a golf gti mate, enjoy being 19. Save the Merc's for a couple years, plus they don't really count unless they have V8's! :)

This ^^^^

Buy a golf gti mate, enjoy being 19. Save the Merc's for a couple years, plus they don't really count unless they have V8's! :)
I like the look of golf's but never fancied getting one, im not too keen on hatchbacks, prefer saloons and estates :) wouldn't have a chance getting insured on a v8 :) I think I'm going to get a c180 or c220 probably, cheaper parts and much less hungry on fuel :)

Very smart car for a lad your age. Ticks lots of boxes. Don't touch that 220 estate, people will think you've borrowed your grandad's car. ;)

haha I love estates, people think i'm an old man at the moment anyway driving a dark green c class merc haha :). I'm interested in that bmw, good looking, great fuel consumption and a decent 0-60.

Although what sort of driving do you do? As diesels aren't good for short journeys...

If you do decide to got for a c32 my mate is thinking of selling his. A 2001 in silver one owner 24k on the clock.

Sanjc63 said:
If you do decide to got for a c32 my mate is thinking of selling his. A 2001 in silver one owner 24k on the clock.

Only 24k on the clock!? Blimey where's he had that hidden!?

He bought the car in Germany like 5 years ago from the original owner in Germany and they registered it here. So technically it's a 2 owner car but log book says none. He has only done like 1000 miles in it then put it into storage. He likes to collect. He is bring a 1964 ford Galaxy (yank tank) to me today for Mot.

Sanjc63 said:
He bought the car in Germany like 5 years ago from the original owner in Germany and they registered it here. So technically it's a 2 owner car but log book says none. He has only done like 1000 miles in it then put it into storage. He likes to collect. He is bring a 1964 ford Galaxy (yank tank) to me today for Mot.

So left hand drive!?

24k ?

Last edited:
I will be doing quite a lot of motorway runs so a diesel wil be good. But I know their not good on short journeys, a few weeks ago I got a 200 mile drive and got 68 mpg average on the c220 but I went for a blast around the country lanes the other day and got a 28 mpg average, which is super low for a diesel haha :)

The only problem is that it's manual. I did a manual driving test but I've been driving an auto since. Do you all prefer auto or manual? I fell as if I can relax more with an auto, and it will feel weird driving a manual.

For relaxed trundling an auto is super, far nicer in traffic too. There are many manual cars that are immense fun though, but MB manuals have never done anything for me. Much better fuel economy though!

So left hand drive!?

No it is a right hand drive. My friend bought it from the original owner who was a doctor in the German armed forces. He used it for a while then parked it up in his underground car park in Holland Park London where is sat till my friend bought it 10 years later. High spec car with satnav and lots of extras.

ye, auto's are great in bumper to bumper traffic, that's one of the reasons I want an auto, but I learned to drive in an audi a1 manual, and I found it a lot of fun flooring it shifting up the gears :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom