C32 AMG or C320 /E320 CDI sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Prev

Car
W203 C32 AMG!
Hello all,

As alluded to in my new members first post, I'm in the market for a MB.

Ideally after a C32, Specifically looking at BobbyDazzlers ad in the classifieds.

May consider other, similarly seemingly well looked after examples with documented history.

Alternatively may also consider a W203 CDI sport, or E320 CDI sport (2006 on), again with similar levels of documented history.

Based in the south west (Bristol) but may be prepared to travel for the right car.

Thanks
Alec

If I was in the market for a C32 I would buy Bobby Dazzlers in an instant; it's very important to buy one that's been lavished with love and I know for a fact his has.

My recent expense on a C32, to give you an idea (mine could just be bad luck of course) all this in the last 18 months, on top of servicing, insurance and petrol

Intercooler replacement - £1200
Head gasket replacement - £1200
Charge cooler pump - £300
Heater stepper motors - £400

Soon to be water pump - £400

Not sure I need to go on really..........!!!! Steer clear!

I almost forgot! Add another £1300 for rust repairs!! I've owned mine for four years and could have bought another car with the repair costs! BUT........they are addictive, they get under your skin, otherwise mine would have been long gone!!

There is definitely something about the C32 AMG, they're incredible cars.

I'm lucky to have owned my car since it was almost new, and so I know that it's always been looked after, which must be a factor in my car having been so reliable. Not all are!

They're such good value these days, and have been for a while, and so many will have had corners cut by previous owners.

Buy one which has been looked after, and you're off to a good start! Good luck with your search :thumb:

I'm unable to pm yet due to post count restriction, is yours still available bobby dazzler?

Bobby Dazzler said:
There is definitely something about the C32 AMG, they're incredible cars. I'm lucky to have owned my car since it was almost new, and so I know that it's always been looked after, which must be a factor in my car having been so reliable. Not all are! They're such good value these days, and have been for a while, and so many will have had corners cut by previous owners. Buy one which has been looked after, and you're off to a good start! Good luck with your search :thumb:
Couldn't agree more, find a well looked after one and you "should" be fine! Mine was a tier 1 warrantied car for the first 6 years of its life, I've had it for 4 years (and I look after it very well thus what I've spent) so the two remaining years of grey area of poor maintenance really damaged it!! So things can go wrong very fast with them if you put off that job you'll get round too when you've got the spare cash..........if you accept you'll never have any spare cash with the running of a '32 you'll be fine :) ! Look after them as Bobby has, and the smiles per mile outweigh the costs!!

I'd avoid the C32 personally. They're all rusty, big bills and the interior is cheap. Even Bobbys has rust so its not rust free and I think it's had paint before (not knocking your car mate just being honest about C32 in general). I would however say his car looks like one of the best examples if you are hellbent on one and its got a full documented history.

Older w202 C43 is a good shout (nice V8 but rusty too) or the C55 which is a far better car imo. Hardly see any rusty ones either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom