C32 AMG problem poss tps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy albert

Car
2001 C32 AMG
Symptoms - accelerated and came to a lumpy halt Turn off wait, restart ok, accelerate lumpy halt. Error messages on dash at point of power fail = esp engine visit workshop and engine light. Codes pulled see pic

Going in to Alex crow but out of interest what do you guys think ?

Attachments

• image-2937184797.jpg
    image-2937184797.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 29
When the TPS went on mine the engine would just die, nothing lumpy about it. The problem would manifest when I was driving around town with a lot of stopping for lights.

I'd wait a few minutes then it'd start and as long as you were in clear air it was fine. Changed it as soon as I could though. The part wasn't expensive but it's very fiddly to fit, or at least the guy who did mine said so.

Thanks did you have to buy the whole throttle pedal assy or just a part of it ?

Yes engine pretty much just dies no throttle at all and pulls up

Billy, my apologies, on reading your post again when I'm more awake I've realised it was the crankshaft position sensor I had to change, not the throttle position sensor.

The CPS is in the engine bay not attached to the pedal. My apologies again for the confusion.

Roamer said:
Billy, my apologies, on reading your post again when I'm more awake I've realised it was the crankshaft position sensor I had to change, not the throttle position sensor. The CPS is in the engine bay not attached to the pedal. My apologies again for the confusion.

No worries I have found out today it's the whole accel pedal that needs changing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom