C32 Amg @ Santapod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bish

Car
mercedes C32 AMG
Was at rwyb yesterday weather was nice no wind and was not busy managed quite alot of runs. The c32 Managed to run pretty consistent high 12s was battling the intake temps was very high. Never really had a challenge unfortunately. Watched lots of m3s barely making 13s! Even the newer ones couldn't seem to put down decent time.

Considering the old girl has an open diff and 235s on the rear I am very happy with 12s. I managed 2 runs with 1.9 60ft all the rest was 2.0. Can't burn out only spins one wheel relentlessly!
My friends gtr managed an 11.5ss and a clk500 13.7s

Got a few videos will upload to YouTube eventually.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmZXuKhQJQ

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 20
Very good times mate, not far behind my SLK55 12.6@111mph.

I still do miss my C32, was a great car, very rapid & understated.

Is yours standard?

Cheers, Not standard its got a 65mm pulley, Sl55 intake and Remap Nothing major mod wise.. There's alot I would love to do but it will get expensive for not much difference to on road performance. If anything one day will buy an LSD and tyres will knock the time down a few seeing people get 1.7 60fts I need that haha.

Best was 12.820@109 mph - 1.910 60ft

It's weird how it feels so much faster on the road than the strip.

Last edited:
Bish said:
Cheers, Not standard its got a 65mm pulley, Sl55 intake and Remap Nothing major mod wise.. There's alot I would love to do but it will get expensive for not much difference to on road performance. If anything one day will buy an LSD and tyres will knock the time down a few seeing people get 1.7 60fts I need that haha.

You'll see mid 12s I reckon, c32s are well understated, great cars, shame the reliability is questionable on them, prefer them over the c55s

Mine had the Quaife LSD and it hardly use to wheel spin, great mod.

My c32 hasn't been to bad I only use at weekends now was a daily for 8 months... Had to change crank pulley as it snapped in half (rubber harmonic thing) and blew a diff/snapped driveshaft but I got lucky and found second hand diff with driveshaft for penny's. Other than that it's been good lol. Oh and the rust.. Thing I like the most is the sleeper effect... No one knows what it is. It's great

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I loved about mine, v discreet, it was my daily, put over 30k miles on it.

I didn't have any rust issues, I believe it was all sorted by the previous owner, it was immaculate when I bought it, the previous owner had an LSD fitted by birds, it was one of the last made, 2004.

I had it eurocharged by Jerry in the US, smaller pulley & remap, upgraded heat exchanger, & H&R springs.

Dyno'd twice, 407hp & 411hp.

TQ converter went at the end as the rad was leaking into the transmission.. Found out too late, so I believe it needed a gearbox rebuild. :(

That scares me however previous owner had new rad put in for that reason but I don't know if it was the uprated replacement!

Bish said:
That scares me however previous owner had new rad put in for that reason but I don't know if it was the uprated replacement!

Worth checking before it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom