C32 AMG Transmission Dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dorifto_san

Car
Skyline R33
Hi Guys

Ive got a little issue with the dipstick on the C32. To check the transmission oil level does the drivers side intake manifold need to come off?

It seems that to access the dipstick tube - pull the cap off and insert the dipstick that the manifold/airbox has to come off as there aint enough clearance as it sits under it.

Is this correct?? Just concerned as i need to check the fluid level in the box and cannot have the engine running to do so.

Thanks

Its just the plastic airbox that needs to be pulled up, not the manifold.

Ill see if i can get a picture posted up later as i have had the plastic airbox off and the clearance is still limited until the manifold is removed.. seemed bizarre to me

Mine is fully accessible without removing anything , pull off the cap and insert a dipstick
In which case, aren't you looking at the engine oil check port.... Dip it and just smelling the oil should tell the difference.
As olly says, unclip the frill to intake stub tube, on the left as you look into the bay. Then the left intake housing pulls off rubber mounting clips, and lift it up. Reach right around the back, and there is the trans dip tube.

Right guys, only got around to uploading some pics, hope this clarifies the correct dipstick and its location.

If anyone could shed some light as to whether it would be safe to bend this out by an inch or so? Does anyone have a pic of what the correct location should be?

Its really annoying as the fluid level can only be checked with the manifold removed and not at operating temperature. If the oil level is measured cold and its okay on the cold level on dipstick should the level be okay?

Thanks for the help

First pic looking down from top - no dipstick visible

20121103_113240.jpg

Second pic looking side on from drivers side - dipstick can be seen under the manifold

20121103_113329.jpg

I bet the gearbox has been out before and the dipstick has been jammed under there when it was re-fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom