C32 AMG VS 997 Carrera 4S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
OK so driving a long late last night and I bumped into an old friend of mine who recently bought a 2008 911 Carrera 4S
We had a quick play, I was thinking I will probably loose this….we both floored it from 50 and we were side by side for a good few seconds and then my 32 started pulling away from it... we did it twice and same thing happened very very close but towards the end the 32 starts pulling ahead, I was a bit shocked and even he was!
I am very impressed with the 32, loved how my 32 reacted, the snap gear changes thanks to the TCU tune.
Amazing little car, not so good round the bends but as an over all everyday car, I absolutely adore it!
Just thought I'd share this with you guys!:thumb:

Good result!

I overtook a Carrera 4S on Sunday afternoon on the A329. In the Vito. And we were towing a caravan at the time!

OK so driving a long late last night and I bumped into an old friend of mine who recently bought a 2008 911 Carrera 4S
We had a quick play, I was thinking I will probably loose this….we both floored it from 50 and we were side by side for a good few seconds and then my 32 started pulling away from it... we did it twice and same thing happened very very close but towards the end the 32 starts pulling ahead, I was a bit shocked and even he was!
I am very impressed with the 32, loved how my 32 reacted, the snap gear changes thanks to the TCU tune.
Amazing little car, not so good round the bends but as an over all everyday car, I absolutely adore it!
Just thought I'd share this with you guys!:thumb:

Get ready for the Porsche fanboy backlash Jo, no-one likes the thought of a C32 being faster than a lot of more expensive cars...:rock:

Lee, I am just impressed with the way it went, especially at higher speeds, when I bought it I did not expect it to be this fast to be honest.

I am sure round the track the 997 will run rings round it but last night was just seeing straight line performance and the Carrera4S was not as fast.. to my surprise.

I've kept up with a 4s in the past! Even more amusing as mines as estate!

Whipped past a 4s convertible in the C200 on Sunday. I can only assume they didn't want to mess their hair up as they were doing 40 in a 60 and being terribly boring in the twisty bits.

I was thinking of actually selling it as I don't really need 3 cars but I don't have it in me to sell it, other half drives it most of the time and she loves it and I've yet to see one in this colour.

Think I might just keep it and sharpen up the handling a little with some decent H&R shocks & springs.

Thread revival lol! Had another run in with a 997 C4s and same result kept up and then began creeping past until we came upto traffic, which was concerning as traffic shouldn't be on my private runway......!

The c2/4 s ain't that quick. Blasted a few in the golf without it breaking sweat

HB said:
380 bhp revo Ed 30. LSD full Milltek and everything else you can think of.
so heavily modded then! Must have been comical to see the look on peoples faces being overtaken by a car that "shouldn't" be able to overtake!

Last edited:
so heavily modded then! Must have been comical to see the look on peoples faces being overtaken by a car that "shouldn't" be able to overtake!
Great fun. Traction is obviously the issue but from 50/60 onwards , it's real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom