c32 battery drain

MBZE55

Car
E55k
Well i have done most of the repairs on my Magna red C32 , just the battery drain to sort now . Disconnected the seats and this made no difference , so the multimeter is being readied , if anyone can point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Is it possible to disconnect a SAM unit / fusebox individually to narrow down the fault ? It is a heavy drain , it takes approx 8hrs to flatten a fully charged battery , at the moment i have a battery isolator switch , which i disconnect every day , but i need to find the fault.

Auto-mobile

MB Enthusiast
Car
2x c43 Amg clio 172 turbo 314bhp
Sat nav
Cd changer
Overhead control panel (interior light in roof)

Rear sam will have a think live going into it, pull this plug to isolate front or rear sam.

Trickythemerc

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 220 CDI Sport 2009
With that sort of drain I would have thought you would be able to do a check for warm relays. Or connect your multimeter in series and start pulling fuses and relays until you get a change in the discharge reading.

Major774

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E55 AMG
Do a voltage drop test across the fuses to find the culprit.

OP
OP
M

MBZE55

Car
E55k
thanks for all the replies , some good ideas , local auto-electrician has said it could cost from £50 to £200 depending on how long it takes to track down the drain , so it looks like i will be spending a few hours removing fuses and relays.

matty.13

Car
Bmw ///M coupe . BMW v10 m5
I had this happen on my old 32 it was the seats

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom