c32 battery drain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBZE55

Car
E55k
Well i have done most of the repairs on my Magna red C32 , just the battery drain to sort now . Disconnected the seats and this made no difference , so the multimeter is being readied , if anyone can point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Is it possible to disconnect a SAM unit / fusebox individually to narrow down the fault ? It is a heavy drain , it takes approx 8hrs to flatten a fully charged battery , at the moment i have a battery isolator switch , which i disconnect every day , but i need to find the fault.

Sat nav
Cd changer
Overhead control panel (interior light in roof)

Rear sam will have a think live going into it, pull this plug to isolate front or rear sam.

With that sort of drain I would have thought you would be able to do a check for warm relays. Or connect your multimeter in series and start pulling fuses and relays until you get a change in the discharge reading.

Do a voltage drop test across the fuses to find the culprit.

thanks for all the replies , some good ideas , local auto-electrician has said it could cost from £50 to £200 depending on how long it takes to track down the drain , so it looks like i will be spending a few hours removing fuses and relays.

I had this happen on my old 32 it was the seats

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom