C32 Dyno Graph Comparison

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil Mackay

Car
C32 AMG Estate
For some reason I've been leafing through my cars dyno graphs..........suddenly realising that last year when Jerry fine tuned the car on the rollers he ran the dyno in shootout 8f...........so all you other C32 owners out there, mines not a freaky 406hp monster, it's actually the same as all the other pulleyed cars that were run in shootout 6f.......the correct mode for a 6 cylinder forced induction! I'll give Jerry the benefit that he must have tuned an E55k before me......!! Something to do with ramp rates on the rollers.....??

Last edited:
So were your last SRR dyno results more in line with our 32's?
I can't remember what your figures were..

dredd32 said:
So were your last SRR dyno results more in line with our 32's? I can't remember what your figures were..

Yep bang on the same as everyone else's just over 380hp before Jerry tweaked it for the SL55 intakes! Reading a bit about the shootout modes 8f can give higher readings than 6f!

But I had mine on the west-tuning dyno twice. 411 & 407 and in the summer took it to SRR and that pushed 395hp, I was with Lee, his pushed 378hp I believe :)

BenzedUP said:
But I had mine on the west-tuning dyno twice. 411 & 407 and in the summer took it to SRR and that pushed 395hp, I was with Lee, his pushed 378hp I believe :)

Mine was running very lean last time it was at SRR so haven't been back since the map was altered. My pre 406hp run before the live tune was 376hp which was probably also done on the 8f shootout! I'll get it back on SRRs dyno once they move to Farnborough!

BenzedUP said:

Did you do a 0-60 comparison?

"When the flag drops, the bull$hit stops"

BlackC55 said:
Did you do a 0-60 comparison? "When the flag drops, the bull$hit stops"

I beat a vx220 turbo from a traffic light Grand Prix not so long ago which is no mean feat for a 1.7 ton estate car!! Private runway obviously! :)

BlackC55 said:
Did you do a 0-60 comparison? "When the flag drops, the bull$hit stops"

have done a couple of timed runs but how would that determine how much bhp the car is pushing? Come on Olly, you're meant to be a wise guy....

Yes, I also remember leaving your modified '55' behind while I had a passenger with me... ;) she wasn't even running right then lol pretty sure the car was running over 400hp ;)

Miss it :(

Last edited:
have done a couple of timed runs but how would that determine how much bhp the car is pushing? Come on Olly, you're meant to be a wise guy....

Yes, I also remember leaving your modified '55' behind while I had a passenger with me... ;) she wasn't even running right then lol pretty sure the car was running over 400hp ;)

BHP graphs are for willy waving. Torque. Lets talk about torque.

We all know they can be manipulated. They are great for afr. Fueling and ignition.

0-60. 0-100 the 1/4 mile is real world.

FTR. My 55 had a massive gearbox issue and would not change up because it was sha&&ed. You knew it. I did too. Not a comparison really.

BlackC55 said:
BHP graphs are for willy waving. Torque. Lets talk about torque. We all know they can be manipulated. They are great for afr. Fueling and ignition. 0-60. 0-100 the 1/4 mile is real world. FTR. My 55 had a massive gearbox issue and would not change up because it was sha&&ed. You knew it. I did too. Not a comparison really.

Matt with his 325hp, 700nm Toqrue, RA350 CDi Member on here with C63 estate 457hp
My modified 203 C55
2008 911 C4S

All couldn't beat that C32, that thing use to fly for what it is.

It means FA. It really does.

Surely the most important thing is the speed it goes from one point to another.

Look at F1 for the most basic example.

A 1/4 mile timed run along with the gross weight of the car ( car + driver + fuel load ) calculation is basic physics...

Plug the numbers in to the linked calculator and you will get fairly close:

Horsepower Calculator, Estimated Engine Motor HP | Measurespeed

Crikey, varying and interesting responses! The dyno runs my car has had in the past have been good tools for tuning/comparisons for mods! Also highlighted that although Eurocharged said the fuel trims would adjust for the SL55 intakes, clearly they didn't to the point even the dyno operator didn't like the AFR's. This gave me plenty of data to get Jerry to alter the map so it's far safer for my particular car so all good! Just highlights how much a small difference in AFR's effect power! Another thing to note is when jerry dynod the car the revs went right upto 6500rpm where the peak power was.......SRR it stopped at 6250rpm......

Slight change of subject! Do '32s have a soft (cold) engine limiter?? Two or three times this morning the car hit about 4000rpm and just stopped for a fraction of a second then accelerated again.....! Or is this the start of the cooler pump packing up....???

Neil Mackay said:
Slight change of subject! Do '32s have a soft (cold) engine limiter?? Two or three times this morning the car hit about 4000rpm and just stopped for a fraction of a second then accelerated again.....! Or is this the start of the cooler pump packing up....???

Seems to have been slightly low ATF following a gearbox service so topped up and see how it goes!

Just my real world experience,

BHP increase is going to be relative to the weight of the car in terms of how you're going to feel the increase, a 50bhp increase on a car weighing 1000kgs will be very noticeable compared to a car at 1500+kgs. Throttle response and mid range torque can be felt but again it's negligible, put a stock and tuned C32 side by side and sprint to 100mph and the difference 50bhp makes to a car weighing 1500kgs isn't going to be as much as you would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom