C32 Estate about to arrive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

onthefence

Car
2001 C32 Estate 1968 Porsche 912 RHD (resto getting there slowly)
Thought I would re-introduce myself as my first effort was very poor. Saw the C32 Estate today and had it checked over by Giles at Mercanic. Very helpful guy who gave the car a good looking over and hooked it up to Star for a very reasonable fee. Easy going and a keen sense of humour.

My wife loved the C32 as did I. All sense has evaporated :devil: and I have agreed a price, paid a deposit and will collect next week :):eek:

Happy days (I hope...)

BTW This excellent forum helped my enormously.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the C32. Keen to see pictures of it when you collect.

Out of interest what type of 520d is it that you have / had? Also keen to see & hear more about your 912 project...

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Fantastic choice of AMG, very underrated....;)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the C32. Keen to see pictures of it when you collect.

Out of interest what type of 520d is it that you have / had? Also keen to see & hear more about your 912 project...

Thanks AvantGarde. Piccies to follow.

912 is a 68 rhd car that needs a lot of time, skill and money. I have none of the first two and even less of the thrid having spent every last penny on an almost finished barn conversion :eek:.

The 912 has had some work done - £2kish by an old boy who tinkers away and knows his stuff. When we get moved into the barn and start to feel the ground beneath our feet firm up I really want to send the engine and gearbox to Andy Prill for him to cast a spell on them whilst getting the bodywork etc fettled, perhaps up here. I know the car is rare in rhd and am in two minds on the engine resto. Do I keep it standard or do I let Mr Prill go to work??? Whatever I decide the body and trim will be as original as possible and subtle (original silver) with original black seats. Appropriate mechanical upgrades will probably be the order of the day as I want to use it not just look at it....

I love the small engine, lighter weight, better handling (than the late 60's 911) thinking although I am not sure whether this is borne out by the C32?

Thanks Sweetpea.
I love it. Nice in the estate version too - I think it just adds to the subtle and understated wolf in sheep's clothing thing.

Thanks Sweetpea.
I love it. Nice in the estate version too - I think it just adds to the subtle and understated wolf in sheep's clothing thing.
I honestly don't think you can beat them for the money.:thumb:

I am sure you will make use of that supercharger ;):D

I honestly don't think you can beat them for the money.:thumb:

I am sure you will make use of that supercharger ;):D

It's the use that my wife will make of it that concerns me :eek:. She has already made it very clear that it is her car (apart from when it needs petrol/tyres/springs/service etc):wallbash:. I have made it clear that I'm not taking responsibility for any of her points though.

Cheers

Chris

Update all..

Car collected in Cambridgeshire this afternoon and driven back to North Yorkshire. I love the car :thumb::thumb::thumb:. Very understated, feels completely planted to the road, makes a great noise and goes like the wind :eek:. All I need now is a cloaking device or a false identity...

It could not be more different to the awful BMW 520d I have just happily returned because, thank goodness, it had been misdescribed. What an awful car. Fine if you are doing 40k motorway miles and have had all pleasure neurosensors removed (and are oblivious to the awful seats).

The C32 is a dream but will require a large dollop of self-control ;).

Cheers

Welcome aboard. The C32 is still on my wish list.

Roamer

Having just driven it 200 miles from pickup I can recommend you putting a C32 very close to the top of the wish list. Great car, very polite in nose to tail 20mph :wallbash: but very quick to make up time :D....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom