C32 lowering without breaking the bank!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lipsylee

Car
C32 AMG GONE :( -NOW CLK320
Hello just seen these lowering springs by H&R 40m .
Would these be any good for my c32 amg saloon ???
They are only £165 for a full set.
If so would I need to buy anything else or would they be enough I'm running standard wheels. Cheers lipsylee

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=HR293922D&a=i

HR are good. Get some bilstein B6 or B8 dampers to complement them. It will transform your car. Standard shocks will not be good with lowered springs. The car will go vertical all the time like the back of a vectra.

Run my clk on h&r springs standard shocks at moment little hard and shocks will bottom out over real bad pot holes but its not to bad . But I will do the shocks this year

I got w204 250 sport got 19inch vossen want to lower but think 10 or 15 mm is about max any suggestions coil overs or just springs

Also rear boot lip spoiler wanted any 1got 1or any where decent to purchase

I have been looking into lowering of C32 and have found koni along with the already mentioned Bilsteins. I would prefer a shortened damper like the B8 as it will maintain the dampers range of travel and not cause it to bottom out or wear quicker which tends to happen to OEm length shocks when fitted with lowering springs.

Does anyone actually have any experience with the B8's and H&R or eibach springs? What do you think for normal road driving, are they compliant enough?

I come from BMw back ground and on them the B8 and H&R/eibach are absolutely astonishing. They maintain the day to day comfort but at the same time the car is more controlled and feels stiff in a nice way.

I have also used Koni's but 1. they are oem length and 2. on the American AMG forums they don't rate them and say hey are not as stiff as OEM, even on their hardest setting?? which I found a bit strange really.

Also, anyone used BC Racing coilovers? I know they are a budget make but they have been getting a lot of good reviews in the BMW circles. Or if anyone has experience with H&R or Eibach coilovers would love to hear what you think of them on a C32.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try a forum search, several W203 owners have opted for H&R and Bilstein coilover kits.

Ye thanks, found a couple with h&r Coilovers. These are what I have on the M3 ATM and they are superb for road use even on lowest setting. Looks like they are also good on C32. I need too search for b8 with h&r or eibach spring now

amgc32 said:
Ye thanks, found a couple with h&r Coilovers. These are what I have on the M3 ATM and they are superb for road use even on lowest setting. Looks like they are also good on C32. I need too search for b8 with h&r or eibach spring now

If you need a price for a set let me know. We are H&R agents.

I have a set of H&R springs for a C32 in stock too. See the classifieds.

BlackC55, thanks mate, will be in contact as soon as my post count allows me to pm :).

Would you recommend fitting H&R springs on OEM shocks or with shortened shocks like the Bilstein B8 so full travel is maintained in all conditions?

Thanks

The ideal situation is to use short shocks but it bumps up the cost somewhat.

For the best results with a reasonable cost is coilovers.

You can always email or call www.prestigecarservice.co.uk

Brill, will be in contact soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom