C32 Needswings Fluid Isolation Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil Mackay

Car
C32 AMG Estate
As title, just fitted the Needswings Intercooler fluid Isolation kit to my C32. Took about 30 mins of faffing about, and the cars only gone through one heat cycle so too early to turn the valves off (needs to let air out first)! Once the two valves are turned off (one supplied with pipe, the other just a valve that needs to be cut into the OEM pipe) they isolate the Charge cooler system from the engine coolant system. The car is due to have the charge cooler pump replace in a week or so too so ill do some data logging, before the system is isolated, after the system is isolated, and then after the charge cooler pump is replaced! See if its as cracked up as our friends over the pond say it is!

Holy ****! Recovery times of the charge air temp (even with a ropey old coolant pump) is virtually instant! Literally drops from a WOT run of around 125 f down to 70 f in about 2 seconds!! Before it would take at least 20-30 seconds! Constantly runs 15f lower than the standard setup in pretty much all scenarios, pootling about and WOT! Hopefully with the bosch 10 that's going in, in a weeks time the charge air will be lower still! Won't really know the full benefit until the summer months though!

So Jack from PCS fitted the charge cooler pump yesterday! He said the pump that came off it looked original !! Yikes! Car seems far keener on kickdown and the charge temps don't go as high so job done! Only problem now a really pesky P0108 fault code that's been bugging me since the weather has got colder! No change in performance but flags up as a pending then fault code with the EML on! Easy enough to clear but needs investigation! Not too sure if it's a dodgy sensor of the engine map is a bit keen!

Glad you kept it Neil. Mine now has a EC map and pulley and is showing 326 Whp as tested at MSL. When I fitted the Johnson pump on mine I took the original pump apart to utilise the oem connector and the motor brushes were just about shot at 80k miles.

Tony

Lyserman said:
Glad you kept it Neil. Mine now has a EC map and pulley and is showing 326 Whp as tested at MSL. When I fitted the Johnson pump on mine I took the original pump apart to utilise the oem connector and the motor brushes were just about shot at 80k miles. Tony

I need to get mine dynoed again soon! Hopefully it's back up to the near 400hp it has been!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom