c32 odd tyre wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil Mackay

Car
C32 AMG Estate
Hi guys, got a strange one (well i think so)....the rear nearside tyre has worn considerably quicker than the offside. Virtually to the wear indicator (evenly across the whole tyre) whereas the offside has a good 4mm left across the whole tyre...! Is this bad rear geometry....or is the rear nearside the lead wheel as far as power distribution goes....?? Conti sport contact 3's by the way...thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Oh and it doesn't seem to pull to one side and its an estate if that makes any difference

I have heard it called the "Milton Keynes" effect before, have you actually measured the depth of both to work out the difference. I would not worry to much if the difference is only 1 - 1.5mm.

Since the wear is even across the tread...can't be geometry. Are the tyres (although no doubt the same) from the same batch?

Since the wear is even across the tread...can't be geometry. Are the tyres (although no doubt the same) from the same batch?

I'm not sure if they are from the same batch as they were on the car when i bought it, so thats a possibility. What would people say was a fair amount of miles for a set of 32 rears?

I'm not sure if they are from the same batch as they were on the car when i bought it, so thats a possibility. What would people say was a fair amount of miles for a set of 32 rears?

If you dont know if they have the same mileage its difficult to know if one is wearing faster than the other :D

Conti's are not to bad wearing but you will still likely see 8-10k from a set

If you dont know if they have the same mileage its difficult to know if one is wearing faster than the other :D

Conti's are not to bad wearing but you will still likely see 8-10k from a set

All four were brand spanking when i got the car! And just ticked over 10k miles so not too bad at all then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom