C32 Owner PM me please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

If you own a C32 W203. Please can you send me a PM or let me know you own one. I need to check your chassis number to verify of the front bumper is the same as my C55.

brucemillar said:
Folks If you own a C32 W203. Please can you send me a PM or let me know you own one. I need to check your chassis number to verify of the front bumper is the same as my C55.

It's not, the C55 has the same front bumper as the 209 CLK55 mate.

It's not, the C55 has the same front bumper as the 209 CLK55 mate.

I have a feeling that the C55 W203 front bumpers are similar to the 209 CLK55 but slightly different. You might want to check part numbers first - there's a thread on here somewhere - a guy with a C55 asked MB parts and they reckoned they were different (?)

I have a feeling that the C55 W203 front bumpers are similar to the 209 CLK55 but slightly different. You might want to check part numbers first - there's a thread on here somewhere - a guy with a C55 asked MB parts and they reckoned they were different (?)
To get the part number for a C32, I need a chassis number ;^) I suspect that they are indeed different part numbers but the lower lip where the splitter would fit looks identical in Google Images? The other issue I have is the splitter is Gloucester and I am in Kent so just trying it is not really an option. Anybody have any ideas. The splitter sits on the lowest edge right across the font of the car under the fog lights? I will pot up a pic of my lower edge (ooh err)

Last edited:
Bruce Hi
Currently in Wales returning to The Garden of England tomorrow. Gloucester is not that far out of my way if you need anything collecting / measuring at all?
Let me know?
Mike

I see what you are saying Bruce. It is possible that the parts could be identical but carry different part numbers (A203 885 52 25 and A209 885 52 25) not sure what benefit it would have although maybe charge different rates but unlikely as it's unnecessary work for MB. As an example the electroplate on my W210 carries a 'W140' number as it is used in many models but all use the 'W140' xxx xx xx part number

If you know this but are thinking 'will it fit'? Well that's a different story

Bruce hi

Let me know before 8.30 tomorrow morning or send me a text. Will be leaving here around then.
Mike

Oh dear Bruce. It looks like we're both looking at the same item:doh:

I spoke with Jerry on Sat and a price was agreed. Was just waiting for postage details:dk:

dredd32 said:
Oh dear Bruce. It looks like we're both looking at the same item:doh: I spoke with Jerry on Sat and a price was agreed. Was just waiting for postage details:dk:

Ah. Not so good I offered the full asking price on Friday as soon as he posted.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The whole front end is different on the C55 to fit the engine in compared to other C classes, so id imagine its nothing like the C32.

Its why the CLK grill fits, and its why you can fit a CLK63 front bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom