C32 Sticky Caliper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calgonis

Car
C230 Sold / 69' VW Devon Delux camper / BMW M135i
This afternoon on my way back from Hastings with the family my brake fluid boiled. From my point of view the brake pedal just went flat on the floor with no brakes at all. A couple of computer warning systems flashed up but I was too busy trying to get the car to stop and turned off to really take much notice.

I got out of the car and popped open the bonnet to see brake fluid all over the place and dripping onto the ground. I then noticed the heat coming off the passenger brake disk. Holding my hand a couple of inches away showed it was seriously hot! Therefore it's quite clear the left front brake had been clamping onto the disk without any help from me or the brake pedal.

Now this explained what happened as I was leaving Hastings. Slowing to a mini roundabout the steering wheel started pulling quite hard to the left. I immediately turned to my wife and said we have a passenger tyre puncture (previous experience of this) yet when I got out to check it all looked fine. So in hindsite it's pretty clear the caliper had clamped onto the disk on the passenger wheel quite hard causing uneven braking and the steering wheel to turn to the curb.

Does anyone know of any commen problems with the AMG brakes on the C32 and in particular sticky calipers and what may have caused it? Scared me a bit because just 1 minute earlier I was doing motorway speeds with the brakes about to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom