c32 suspension racket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy albert

Car
2001 C32 AMG
Have got a racket from underneath somewhere going over uneven roads especially speed humps. is a knock of some sort seems like front right but sometimes sounds like back right.

Had it on ramp tried to see if any play but nothing so am stumped, anyone got any ideas to likely cause. bit vague i know.

:wallbash:

Have got a racket from underneath somewhere going over uneven roads especially speed humps. is a knock of some sort seems like front right but sometimes sounds like back right.

Had it on ramp tried to see if any play but nothing so am stumped, anyone got any ideas to likely cause. bit vague i know.

:wallbash:

Check the ends of the springs mate. Had two broken on mine, no difference to ride height but made more of a twang than a knock. ARB bushes or links? I think the links can be bad without being obviously loose.

Check the ends of the springs mate. Had two broken on mine, no difference to ride height but made more of a twang than a knock. ARB bushes or links? I think the links can be bad without being obviously loose.

I had the same on mine and same sound.

Mine is exactly the same, broken drivers side front spring being done tomorrow.

You are not having to much luck with that car so far, good thing is once you have sorted it you will have one of the best C32's around.

SavMan said:
You are not having to much luck with that car so far, good thing is once you have sorted it you will have one of the best C32's around.

Yeah I know but can't blame this on last owner as this has been knocking for about a month

It's a mint car mate just hit 30000 miles pulls like a train

I will get it to working order lol the smoothness and no jerk makes me very happy and love the car . I'll be glad if it is springs , excuse to get h and r .

Roll bar link?

BlackC55 said:
Roll bar link?

Seem solid however control arm bushes are shot I recon , jacked it up wheel on lock touching ground , rocked and you can can see lateral play but can't get it to cluck like it does over speed bumps

I had the same problem, I had the anti-roll bushes and drop links replaced, and the car has since driven like new. On an older W203 the 'twanging' turned out to be a broken rear spring, replaced both whilst I was at it.

Not to sure what you mean?

Swopped out all control arms , drop links and nipped the wheel bearings, no more knocking just need to get it aligned to make sure perfect , the arms didn't look or feel bad at all on closer inspection hey all done now though

Sorry, just seen this thread again.

Make sure that you re-grease the bearing too. The green grease is available from mb.

I've seen it too many times when the bearing has been tightened and not greased and they have worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom