C32 to sl55 air intake upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lipsylee

Car
C32 AMG GONE :( -NOW CLK320
Hello there , me again lol
Right jerry told me to get some sl55 air intakes for my c32 .
I have hunted some down and I need to know if I need the part that goes into the throttle body as the bloke hasn't got it .
So will the air boxes be good enough with the relevant piping as the upgrade or do I need the rubber bit that goes into the throttle body too ?
Cheers Lipsylee

Hello there , me again lol
Right jerry told me to get some sl55 air intakes for my c32 .
I have hunted some down and I need to know if I need the part that goes into the throttle body as the bloke hasn't got it .
So will the air boxes be good enough with the relevant piping as the upgrade or do I need the rubber bit that goes into the throttle body too ?
Cheers Lipsylee

I have needswings intake and they use a SL55 rubber intake. I suggest to find one or buy the intake coz it looks very nice + the whine of SC.

This kit is capable of flowing 659cfm, whereas the factory intake peaks at 445cfm. This system also significantly out flows the SL55 air intake (which flows a peak of 515cfm).

So yes you need that rubber too.

Last edited:
jerry270ML said:
I have needswings intake and they use a SL55 rubber intake. I suggest to find one or buy the intake coz it looks very nice + the whine of SC.

This kit is capable of flowing 659cfm, whereas the factory intake peaks at 445cfm. This system also significantly out flows the SL55 air intake (which flows a peak of 515cfm).

So yes you need that rubber too.

Cool thanks but will my c32 one fit on it or is it completely different ? . Cheers Lipsylee

Just looked at prices.

Complete sl55 intake housings and rubber pipes are approx £350.

Needswings kit for the c32 is approx $850. Plus shipping and taxes.

Just looked at prices.

Nice 1 andy . There is a bloke round the corner from me who is breaking a sl55 amg and I haggled him down to £100 for both air boxes and pipes but he said he hasn't got the throttle body pipe . So was wondering if I needed it or will my 32 one fit ?

From what i understand the throttle body 'Y' is the real restriction on the '32 so I'd say you would definitely need the sl Y

Looking at the pipework that came off the slk 32 yesterday i would say the biggest restriction is the pipe work

Neil Mackay said:
From what i understand the throttle body 'Y' is the real restriction on the '32 so I'd say you would definitely need the sl Y

Cool so I'm wondering if I can pick the Y pipe up off eBay cheap on its on then .

Be worth a look on ebay.

You will have to try various thing as i doubt there will be many on there

Nice 1 andy . There is a bloke round the corner from me who is breaking a sl55 amg and I haggled him down to £100 for both air boxes and pipes but he said he hasn't got the throttle body pipe . So was wondering if I needed it or will my 32 one fit ?

I think will fit

Just looked at prices.

I doubt you will find complete sl55 intake for 350 plus you will need IMO new filters maybe K N.

I doubt you will find complete sl55 intake for 350 plus you will need IMO new filters maybe K N.

Those prices were looked up on epc this morning and checked on the mercedes database that i have access to

How much is he asking for that price. Will confirm price and stock from mercs tomorrow.

How much is he asking for that price. Will confirm price and stock from mercs tomorrow.

Well £100 for both intakes which is good he wanted £200 and he said he will let me know about the Y-pipe tomorrow after he has checked the rough used price there going for and he said he will be cheaper . So hopefully not too bad .

Thanks andy .

What are they like fixing can my local mechanic put them on as he's my mate or is it not that easy and will I need your assistance again lol ? .
Lee

Those prices were looked up on epc this morning and checked on the mercedes database that i have access to

It's a good price then . Sorry Andy didn't know you can check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom