C320 CDI - best place for better sounding exhaust?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzDuncan

Car
C320 CDI
I have a re-mapped 2008 C320 CDI Sport estate which I love and plan to keep for some time. My only slight annoyance is that although it's fun to drive and pulls well the exhaust sound is completely underwhelming. I'm not looking for anything too boy-racery that's going to be unbearable on the motorway or annoy my neighbours every time I start it up, just something that will give a nice growl and a bit of excitement under acceleration.

I've read a bunch of car forums to try and find somewhere trustworthy down South to get this looked at and have been recommended Profusion Customs and Simpsons Race Exhausts, although neither of these have been recommended specifically for MB.

Anybody got any opinions on these guys or recommendations for where to go?

Cheers in advance :D
Ben

I have a re-mapped 2008 C320 CDI Sport estate which I love and plan to keep for some time. My only slight annoyance is that although it's fun to drive and pulls well the exhaust sound is completely underwhelming. I'm not looking for anything too boy-racery that's going to be unbearable on the motorway or annoy my neighbours every time I start it up, just something that will give a nice growl and a bit of excitement under acceleration.

I've read a bunch of car forums to try and find somewhere trustworthy down South to get this looked at and have been recommended Profusion Customs and Simpsons Race Exhausts, although neither of these have been recommended specifically for MB.

Anybody got any opinions on these guys or recommendations for where to go?

Cheers in advance :D
Ben

How's does it go as mine is being done on Saturday! Who remapped it and what figures they claiming? Iam Hopeing it's very noticeable. There quick standard so looking forward to the results. As far as exhaust's go I can't help sorry but love to know about your map.

How's does it go as mine is being done on Saturday! Who remapped it and what figures they claiming? Iam Hopeing it's very noticeable. There quick standard so looking forward to the results. As far as exhaust's go I can't help sorry but love to know about your map.

Don't worry just seen your other post and sounds great.

I had mine tuned by Alex at Mobile Eco Tuning Hampshire last Saturday and am very pleased. I went for the red map (most power) and the difference is really noticeable. Figures (claimed) Pre-map: 223bhp/510Lbs torque, re-map approx. 280bhp/637Lbs torque.

Fuel-wise it is about the same as before if I hammer it (24 to 26mpg), however if I drive 'normally' it is much better, around 36mpg average instead of 30mpg average prior to the re-map. Power-wise it's awesome, particularly the acceleration which has improved loads :D :D

Shouldn't that be NM not Lbs seems extremely high if it is.

EMP Performance will build you an exhaust while you wait. Recommended on the forum. Google them. Ask for Eldin he will look after you.

They are in Watford/St Albans

I had my exhaust made by Profusion Customs. Built from the manifolds back with sports cats. Has a good sound as well, low rumble on idle to sounding like a drag racer on full chat.
Can't fault the customer service also. After dropping the car off in the morning, the owner gave me a lift back to my workplace.

I had my exhaust made by Profusion Customs. Built from the manifolds back with sports cats. Has a good sound as well, low rumble on idle to sounding like a drag racer on full chat.
Can't fault the customer service also. After dropping the car off in the morning, the owner gave me a lift back to my workplace.

Cheers for the reply, can I ask how noisy it is when you're just cruising on the motorway? Did you deliberately go for something loud (I know they have various options sound wise)?

Cheers for the reply, can I ask how noisy it is when you're just cruising on the motorway? Did you deliberately go for something loud (I know they have various options sound wise)?

It's pretty good on the motorway, a slight drone but nothing bad enough to distract me.
I didn't go for a loud exhaust of any kind. When speaking to them about what sort of sound I wanted, it was the American muscle car sound I was after. I have a video somewhere on this forum.

It's pretty good on the motorway, a slight drone but nothing bad enough to distract me.
I didn't go for a loud exhaust of any kind. When speaking to them about what sort of sound I wanted, it was the American muscle car sound I was after. I have a video somewhere on this forum.

Cool that sounds promising, i've tried having a look but can't find the vid, is it on Youtube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom