C320 CDI confusion about engine dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmyc320

Car
c320 cdi
Hi everyone
I have just bought a 2006 C320 cdi and been trying to look up in the car's user booklet about checking the engine oil level. Is the dipstick at the back of the engine for the engine oil level?:

Hello and welcome.

Not sure on the C320, but will try to help. The following extract is taken from the online USA manual site so may be different from UK cars.

C320oil_zps47d6db93.jpg

My C270 doesn't have a dipstick as such, just a tube for use by MB technicians for service use. As with a lot of Mercedes it is equiped with an electronic 'dipstick' to measure the level and is accessed through the steering wheel buttons facility.

Be careful not to overfill it, Mercedes are well known for throwing up engine fault error messages when too much oil is added. Better to be a little under the maximum.

Hope this is of help and that you are enjoying your car.

Last edited:
Hi everyone
I have just bought a 2006 C320 cdi and been trying to look up in the car's user booklet about checking the engine oil level. Is the dipstick at the back of the engine for the engine oil level?:

Yes, the dipstick is at the rear of the engine but on the RHD side loking into the engine bay.

Yes, the dipstick is at the rear of the engine but on the RHD side loking into the engine bay.
Thanks Peter.
I saw it but someone told me it was the transmission oil.
Thank you for clearing that one up.
Regards
Jimmy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom