C320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew1068

Car
c32o cdi
Just a bit of info for all members.
Well i´ve just got back from a weeks hols in the uk ( had a great time)
and i thought it might interest a few people to know that i did over 3500 miles in total from home ( north germany) and back with an average of 43 mpg!!!!!! I think that is pretty good when you consider iwas doing 75 - 80 mph in the UK and about 100 - 110 on the continent!
has anyone else had the same results??????:thumb:
P.S ....... how much longer do I have to wait before I can start adding pics in the Members Albums????

wow! that is impressive!
mind you i'm comparing it to my 2 cars; the 3 litre diesel gives 52mpg @ 50mph, but drops down to 43 @ 70mph.
the petrol 3.2 gives me 37mpg if i try reeeeally hard :)

The V6 diesel is very good fuel economy wise. In the larger car I always exceed the manufacturers claim, unless driving the car hard.

i think you have an exceptional motor, steve. :)

how do you do it?

I don't use cruise, ever. Speedtronic yes. I slow to go and avoid harsh acceleration and unless driving "progressively" change the car up at 2000rpm.

I use cruise control a lot. I love the imperceptible adjustments up and down, and the rapid return to my favoured 79mph, as and when.
But on an eco run, I agree it would not be advisable. After all, it is a mindless system that has only one purpose - to maintain a speed. On steep gradients it will charge along happily to maintain the set speed, but at great cost to economy, whereas a sensible "feathering" of the right foot will get you over the hill more economically...(if you must!) :D

I use cruise control a lot. I love the imperceptible adjustments up and down, and the rapid return to my favoured 79mph, as and when.
But on an eco run, I agree it would not be advisable. After all, it is a mindless system that has only one purpose - to maintain a speed. On steep gradients it will charge along happily to maintain the set speed, but at great cost to economy, whereas a sensible "feathering" of the right foot will get you over the hill more economically...(if you must!) :D

See if you changed that to 70mph, you'd save a lot of money. Only on a very long journey does adding 10-20mph to your cruising speed make an appreciable time difference.

Normally thats what I do, and I think its why I do quite well MPG wise compared to most. Speetronic at 70mph. Job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom