C320 Oil Levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbo

Car
C320 (W203) & A170 (W169)
Hi guys,

This looks like a great forum!

I have a question about my first Mercedes, a 2000 model C320 which I have had for 1 week.

Today I took it out for its first long motorway trip and after about 40 miles, a warning message came up about the oil level being too high. I immediately reduced speed and took it to the nearest MB dealer and they drained off the excess oil. I was driving for about 50 miles with the warning message present.

A service was done on the car prior to me picking it up and it looks like the dealer (MB Epsom) overfilled it with oil.

Do you think I could have done any damage?

Cheers, Robbo

BTW, what kind of fuel economy do people get with this car, I set the cruise control to 70 mph and over a 90 mile trip returned 32.5 mpg. How does this compare?

Last edited:
Should be OK mate. If it had been seriously overfilled the warning light would have come up almost immediately.

The fuel consumption is about right at that speed, go over 80 mph and watch it drop?;)

Thanks for the reassurance Brian!

It's amazing how paranoid you can become when you have just spent a large amount of dosh on something you have been dreaming of for years!

As you can imagine, the last thing I wanted to do was to have a nightmare scenario with the oil level being incorrect and causing damage.

Grrr, I have another problem with it now, the drivers electric window has stopped working :mad: Just as well I have 12 months warranty on it. I hope there are no more nasty surprises in store for me.

Cheers, Robbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom