C320... should I ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YogiBear57

Car
C320 CDI
Hi Guys,

my first post - so be gentle with me...

My Father-in-Law is now 85 and has decided hang-up his car keys for good.
He has a C320 cdi Elegance saloon, first registered November 2007 which has covered just over 13,000 miles. It's in metallic red (don't know the paint name) has full leather and Command satnav etc. The interior is as new...that's the good news, on the downside it has been in a few Tesco duels over the years and some scratch and dent cowboy repairers have tried to hone their skills on it - without success. Scratches though to primer and a few minor dents to front and back bumpers plus o/s/r door...so does need some exterior work.

I currently own a 2013 VW Transporter Kombi which I would keep, but I am thinking of offering the Father in Law around £7k for the Merc.....I used to own a 2000 C240 which I passed onto my son - and have always regretted it!

So guys, what do you think, would it be okay for just occasional use (about 5k miles a year) and would the fact that it has been rumbling around town for the past 10 years at between 30-50mph be a problem.

Would really value your opinion...

Cheers

Hi Guys,

my first post - so be gentle with me...

My Father-in-Law is now 85 and has decided hang-up his car keys for good.
He has a C320 cdi Elegance saloon, first registered November 2007 which has covered just over 13,000 miles. It's in metallic red (don't know the paint name) has full leather and Command satnav etc. The interior is as new...that's the good news, on the downside it has been in a few Tesco duels over the years and some scratch and dent cowboy repairers have tried to hone their skills on it - without success. Scratches though to primer and a few minor dents to front and back bumpers plus o/s/r door...so does need some exterior work.

I currently own a 2013 VW Transporter Kombi which I would keep, but I am thinking of offering the Father in Law around £7k for the Merc.....I used to own a 2000 C240 which I passed onto my son - and have always regretted it!

So guys, what do you think, would it be okay for just occasional use (about 5k miles a year) and would the fact that it has been rumbling around town for the past 10 years at between 30-50mph be a problem.

Would really value your opinion...

Cheers

Early W204 I assume? Or late w203??

Sounds like an ideal plodder...... and at that mileage your getting a cheap car. Granted it looks like the last Grape [emoji524] on the bunch but I would go for it.

Compared to this???
I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703133226987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't want to hijack the thread and take it off topic but one quick question, what do you think of the WV Kombi?
Will probably be my next vehicle if funds allow.
Thanks.

It will need a good blast to clean it up, as its not had any decent motorway driving.. I got my dads Bora 2ltr Sport off him when he hung up and.. well, it eventually lit like a Xmas tree with faults all related to the MAF and the local dealers couldn't diagnose.. it was a pain because like you it only had a genuine 18k on it..so be careful, first thing is a damn good thonging, followed by a decent service (all fluids including autobox) then see how you go from there.. should be OK I think as the Merc will throw any wobblies on the thonging...

I don't want to hijack the thread and take it off topic but one quick question, what do you think of the WV Kombi?
Will probably be my next vehicle if funds allow.
Thanks.
Adrian,
yes, good motor...I've got a 2013 Transporter 140bhp Highline.
No as quiet as I had hoped, a bit rattly when empty, but a bit of weight makes it a lot smoother.
If you haven't already- go onto the T5 forum...the enthusiasts on there will give you more info than you can cope with...on thing they do like is talking about their VDub !
Regards
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom