c320cdi edc16cp31 tuning issues (willing to pay for help)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SaundersW203

Car
Mercedes C320 Cdi
Hello all,

I am having some issues with my MB c320cdi 2006 w203 (no DPF from the factory). I am tuning my own car for the fun of it, It has a hybrid turbo gt2056 taken to gt2365, FMIC with pipework, 3inch exhaust.
This is my first time working with EDC16, I have done lots of research made myself a map pack etc. There isn't much information out there for the EDC16CP31 and from what I have seen/ read it's quite different from the VAG and BMW EDC16. I have managed to find some EDC16CP31 hex and A2l files to try get an understanding and identify some maps.
I have never tuned a diesel, my line of work usually involves gasoline engines running motorsport ECU's.

To begin with I couldn't get it to inject fuel, no matter how much fuel I add to fuel and smoke maps I cannot inject anything higher than this: Fuel Limit.JPG
So I de-calibrated the duration map, and set the fuel demand below the maximum logged limits and I can trick the ECU into fuelling 100mm3.
I assume there is a torque/ fuel limit I have missed?

Secondly, I cannot get it to boost, I have tried changing base map, atmospheric protection map, various actuator maps and none of them make a difference. The engine looses boost in the midrange, but the actuator position is nowhere near any of the actuator maps.
Boost P.JPG

MAP, P3, Actuator.JPG
Base actuator, dynamic actuator, P3 limit, Base MAP :
actuator, boost, p3.JPG

The more I think about I think I have missed torque limiters somewhere?
Does anyone have any experience tuning these and would be willing to help, I am willing to pay for this help.
Also EGR function looks different to the VAG/ BMW systems so I am struggling to work out how this works...
I have included my map pack and original file.

Thanks,
Adam

Attachments

• 393831 + Map Pack.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 18
Don't the guys who tune Diesel MB's go large on new injectors, intercooler and an uprated fuel pump ? Alex at Legitstreetcars did a diesel. he did a few videos on it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't the guys who tune Diesel MB's go large on new injectors, intercooler and an uprated fuel pump ? Alex at Legitstreetcars did a diesel. he did a few videos on it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yeah, its got a big intercooler and relevant modifications. The fuel pump and injectors are big enough for the desired power I have in mind.
The video you have shared is for the 3.2 inline 6cyl. I have the 3.0 V6

Yeah, its got a big intercooler and relevant modifications. The fuel pump and injectors are big enough for the desired power I have in mind.
The video you have shared is for the 3.2 inline 6cyl. I have the 3.0 V6

What I do know about Legitstreetcars is that he outscores his re mapping , even for his 1000 rwbhp Pontiac. Good luck , let us know how you get on :thumb:

Have you got your in gear limiters?

Hello,
have you ever found your problem?

BR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom