C32AMG Brake Calipers on an SLK32AMG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt32AMG

Car
June 2002 SLK32///AMG. OCT 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Convertible.
Has anyone swapped or fitted the AMG brake callipers off a C32 and put them on the SLK32? Or is this just one big headache? :(
Any Ideas of cost?

It's just that they look so much nicer than the brakes fitted as standard on the SLK32AMG as the calipers fitted are a direct lift off an E-class, and look, well, no offense to E-Class owners here, but, very agricultural and wouldn't be out of place on a Russian WWII tank as someone else has observed. :D Don't get me wrong they stop the car just fine, just look...very ordinary.

Last edited:
There was a thread on this a while back. I'll have a look to see if I can find it later.

No definite outcome as to whether they are swappable, but only one way to find out!!

Read the thread here.

Thanks for the heads up on this Bobby, it makes for interesting reading... What I'm particularly interested to see, (and surprised), is that by the looks of things the AMG set up is less costlier than the MB Stock item, (E -Class sourced).

As for the reasoning as to why they are different is the C32 had a whole new suspension system designed for it, so new brakes were an easy step to take.

The SLK32 has the older double wishbone suspension, and got the big brakes off of an E Class. It was a quick and easy upgrade that cost little or nothing to do. However I wonder what the breaking performance differences are aside from the aesthetics?
Presumably your car stops like mine, on a sixpence :D

I'm also told after a little digging that its not a direct bolt-on fit... but it can be done fairly easy.. its very very common among the CLK W208 guys...

Also, now that my car is over 4 years old I get discount from my local MB Main Dealer on all parts...

Hmmmn food for thought ;)

Last edited:
Breaking on mine is easily up to to the task. ;)

I find the brakes on a fast car are often more impressive than the performance, if that makes sense. I remember the test drive I had before buying my Toyota MR2. I still remember the first full on stop now!! :D

I suspect the C32 calipers would make little difference to the braking performance, just look a little prettier. I'll dig out my AMG brochure - if I remember right, both the SLK32 and C32 brake at 10.5 m/s/s.

Off topic, but I remember the C43 AMG brakes being better than those fitted to a Ferrari F355!

Good result. I was tempted to do this to the C320, not sure if I'll get round to it but quite a few in the US (on another forum ;) ) have done that on the C320.

Nice one gazz.

New ML too I see. :cool:

Yes, found myself tempted by the 164. Absolutely no complaints about my 163 - awesome car, it was just that 38k in 18 months brought the mileage up a bit, and the trade in figure was very tempting. Now have my dream spec with AMG kit and 040 black. 20 inch rims tramline a bit, but overall the machine is fab!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom