C350 amg sport BlueEfficiency REAL MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedro28297

Car
C350 amg sport
Hi all,
Over the weekend I treat myself to a 2012 C350 amg sport BlueEfficiency which I heavily researched before purchasing. My main concern was the fuel consumption but I found that dispite the size of the engine it could achieve 30-40mpg. The official figures show as high as 50mpg!?

Now I’ve got the car I’m achieving mid 20s whilst driving as efficiently as I can.

Has anyone had/got one of these and tell me what I should expect realistically. I’m more interested in what I should be able to achieve on a motorway run. I completely understand that round town isn’t going to be brilliant.

Thanks

I think the best way to get an accurate figure of your fuel consumption on the motorway is to do a long motorway trip, especially now that you own the car. Other people may drive differently to you, but please let us know how you get on in case yours is lower than the average of other people's experiences.

Try researching on Fuelly.com for real life mpg data

I get low 30s from the same engine in my SLK

Forget s as bout anywhere near 50 - that is a completely artificial test lab figure

I get low 30s from the same engine in my SLK

Forget s as bout anywhere near 50 - that is a completely artificial test lab figure
Indeed the official fuel economy figures derived from the NEDC lab test are unlikely to be achieved during normal driving on the road. The drive cycle, especially on acceleration is a lot 'lighter' than typical road conditions. Plus, if the car is put into 'dyno' mode, things like power steering, abs, air conditioning and so on, may be disabled for the test. The main use for the lab test figures is for comparing different car models.

I would have thought low 30's was achievable, maybe nudging 40 mpg on a motorway cruise.

I’ve had the car for a month now and can confirm that at 70mph on cruise control I can achieve high 30s to low 40mpg! Very impressive for a 3.5ltr engine. Driving on B roads gives between 30 & 35mpg which I can’t complain at.
Combined I am getting 25-28mpg but I only live 3 mile from work. Overall very pleased 👍🏼👍

Not a 204 but my 203 C350 regularly gets 37+ real world Mpg, and its not as powerful or efficient as the later CGI version.

Even managed to coax just over 23mpg out of the GT today, well happy!IMG_5818.jpegIMG_7344.jpg

I’ve had the car for a month now and can confirm that at 70mph on cruise control I can achieve high 30s to low 40mpg! Very impressive for a 3.5ltr engine. Driving on B roads gives between 30 & 35mpg which I can’t complain at.
Combined I am getting 25-28mpg but I only live 3 mile from work. Overall very pleased 👍🏼👍

3.0 L !

The 2.1 L C250 is good for mpg and can get close to 600 Nm when tuned .

2019-02-15 20.36.34.jpg

But that's a diesel isn't it?

Pedro, my experience / mpg mirrors yours (in a 3.5 L petrol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom