C350 CDI Sport Ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimDut

Car
Soon... A35 Saloon
Hi all,

I'm Jim from Staffordshire.

I'm very lucky and excited to have got hold of someone's cancelled order, so the car should be with me in about two weeks.

Its a white 125 Edition with quite a few options, Heated Full Leather, Harman Kardon, Command Online, Pamoranic Roof and Telephone Pre Wiring

I've had Ford's since 17, the last two being the Mondeo ST220 and at the moment a Mondeo ST TDCi, so this is a massive jump up for me, in fact, it feels quite surreal!

I own and run a number of Ford ST and RS Clubs, so makes a nice change to be a member of a club again, I look forward to having a browse around.

If anyone has got any advice on the lead up to and on the day of picking her up, please let me know :)

Regards

Jim

Hello and welcome to the forum Jim.

Excellent choice of engine you've made there. :)

If anyone has got any advice on the lead up to and on the day of picking her up, please let me know :)
Jim

Well you just smile, then you...smile, and then you...smile again....:)

Welcome, and I hope the car matches your expectations - be interested to hear your initial observations...:thumb:

Welcome Jim,post a few pictures if you can once picked up

hello & welcome to the forum

Sounds like a great car and already hearing good things about the fuel economy, surely to be matched by the actual drive itself!

Hi Jim, sounds like a lovely car...when I had 'my sensible head on' I very nearly bought one with exactly the same spec! Is it Diamond or calcite white?

Let us know what you think of it - when you've had chance to play :D

Hello Jim and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing the photographs after you pick her up :thumb:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm itching to driver her! Will no doubt be a dream to drive.

Tag100 - I assume its Calcite, as I don't think Diamond is an option? Is Diamond the more pure white? If so I would have preferred that to be honest!

I'll be sure to get plenty of pics up... I'm struggling to find any on the net or on any of the MB Clubs out there.

Jim

Hello Jim
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Thanks guys :)

Just found out the Diamond White Paint has had a supply problem for months, so don't think there are many in that colour.

Jim

Tag100 - I assume its Calcite, as I don't think Diamond is an option? Is Diamond the more pure white? If so I would have preferred that to be honest!

I'll be sure to get plenty of pics up... I'm struggling to find any on the net or on any of the MB Clubs out there.

Jim

When I ordered mine they had a Diamond White one in the showroom. It is clearly a proper white compared to the standard off white.

The downside is that the Diamond White option cost over £1000 (metallic is only £600ish)

Yea I see when using the configuration section of the MB site, the C class doesn't have Diamond White as an option, but the E Class does.

I'm pretty sure that I was offered a C350 Estate in Diamond White; but hey, I kind of like both whites...I think you'll currently see more Calcite than Diamond on the road, but then that's possibly due the cost! - as @mark says; the diamond white is a few pennies more!

You'll love the Harmon Kardon

Hi Jim - I picked up a face lift C Class in April. It's a fantastic car. You'll love the Harmon Kardon. The sound is stunning.
When I picked mine up the dealer collected my wife and I from her work, gave us time to admire the car (C250 Cdi Sport in Canvasite Blue) & take photos etc before doing the paper work. We then had a demo of the toys on the car before making our way home. It's a great experience and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Hi Sean,

Blimey, small world, I live in Stafford too, junction 14 side, where abouts are you?

How have you found the car so far? any niggles or issues? features you love about it?

Regards

Jim

I'm in the Haywoods area Jim so other side.
Absolutely love the car. Done just over 9k in it now. Fuel averaging about 50mpg. Have hit 60mpg a couple of times when on runs down to London and clear. To me lots of nice touches like the way the 'routine' the lights go through when starting up. Haven't found much to fault at all - maybe the sun visor plastic is a little cheap but that's about it.
The 'online' of Comand' is a bit limited so can't for example watch iPlayer while wife in Tesco.
All in all though it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom