C350 cdi Which Varta stop start Battery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martini

Car
C250Cdi 4 Motion Estate
My currant Battery is beginning to not stop start until after a long run. I suspect after 7 years and 80000 miles, that’s to be expected.
The original is a Varta start-stop 95AH 850Amp AGM
Can I just change the battery for a like for like without dealer having to reset the star settings? (Maintaining uninterrupted 12v to the car during the swap)
Also I would like to take the opportunity to fit a larger capacity Varta start-stop 105AH 950Amp AGM
Again can I just drop in the replacement without dealer intervention?

Last edited:
If you put in the larger battery, it should be coded to the car to get the full benefit.
Putting in a like for like shouldn’t need this.

If you put in the larger battery, it should be coded to the car to get the full benefit.
Putting in a like for like shouldn’t need this.
Thanks for the reply. I now find that the car has an additional Aux battery located in the engine compartment.
My feeling is that changing both batteries is the best option. The method I intend to use is this.
1- Fit new Aux battery. I assume the car settings will be ok as the main Battery is still connected.
2- Then fit new main battery. Again assuming the settings will be held by the Aux battery.
Has anyone done this. Or can they suggest a method?

if MB is anything like a BMW, a new AGM battery needs to be coded to the car (even if it is he same capacity as the original battery) as the AGM battery's charge profile changes as it ages -
if you don't code the new battery to the car, the car will deliver an aged battery charge profile to the new battery and it will prematurely damage the new battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom