C350 coupe or 2012 Audi S5?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petermansell

Car
C 250 CDI Coupe
So I'm selling my CLK55 AMG as my other half is allowing me to have one more nice car. The question is whether to got for either of the above.

The Audi is winning at the moment based on 4 wheel drive being new to me, slightly better performance than my current car, good boot space and goodies that are key to me: satnav, adaptive cruise control and keyless go. Funnily enough MB Bromley have told me that keyless go is not available on any C class coupe save for the AMG.

Anyone on here have experience of the current Audi S5?

From a looks / value point of view

Assuming a C350 = Same price as a S5 then the S5 Looks worth the money...

The C class coupe looks small / basic and unless you have a huge spec, some sort of AMG kit / bigger wheels it looks a bit 'normal'.

Whats the score with one more nice car??? whats happening after this one......

I would think the CLK / S5 are more similar in size?

How about the E coupe?

My boss has an 09 plate S5 and I must admit it is a very nice drive and the engine sounds tasty! See if you can get a test drive on both cars, but I prefer the looks of the Audi over the E350 you're looking at.

What's wrong with your current car ?

Get a nice classic car to fettle.

Why S5? for the same price you can pick up the new M3 which is allot better than the S5 and would be my choice!

if it comes to 350 or S5 they are too very different cars one is a V8 and one is a V8 and one looks like a hatch and the other is a coupe!

Not to mention the price difference!

You should consider a 650i sport which is very nice as well!

I saw your CLK, very nice, with the LSD as well, shame your selling it!:eek::thumb:

if you want you can always have my car :D;)

Whats the score with one more nice car??? whats happening after this one......

I would think the CLK / S5 are more similar in size?

How about the E coupe?

The E coupe is a little too big to get around a corner into my garage.

I've been paralysed for 33 years and reckon I wont make old bones. :( Plus I will be around 60 when I change the car next and so will proably go for somthing a little more sedate.

What's wrong with your current car ?

Get a nice classic car to fettle.

I really LOVE my current car. But its 8 years old and I can never be sure when something will fail on it. This happened recently for the second time and becuase I don't stand or walk at all getting home was a real pain :doh: So a new car it is.

Why S5? for the same price you can pick up the new M3 which is allot better than the S5 and would be my choice!

if it comes to 350 or S5 they are too very different cars one is a V8 and one is a V8 and one looks like a hatch and the other is a coupe!

Not to mention the price difference!

You should consider a 650i sport which is very nice as well!

I saw your CLK, very nice, with the LSD as well, shame your selling it!:eek::thumb:

if you want you can always have my car :D;)

I hate the way the M3 drives - very twitchy, high revving - just not my cup of tea. The new S5 will be a v6 turbo with some little tweaks to the look. I had a look at the current model and will probably get the 2012 S5.

What annoyed me was the new C coupe doesn't have the option of keyless go unless you buy the amg. I've had this option on my current car since 2003 and think I be a little annoyed every time I opened the car door if I bought a car without it :dk:

The BMW 6 series are just too big to get into my garage (its the route into it rather than the garage size).

Thanks about the comment on my car. I think I have over prised it though as its on Pistonheads and here and I have not had one enquiry :dk:

Sorry Peter. Didn't realise your situation.

Get the car you love the best and gives you the least logistical hassles.

Have you thought about a CLS AMG?

Or would that be too big for your driveway?

How many seats do you need?

Like both the cars your looking at, I came to a similar decision when looking at potential future replacements at Goodwood, the S5 was very high on my list 4 wheel drive, quick, looks great, lots of toys.
The c350 if loaded has it all fairly quick and frugal, probably not as special driving wise as the Audi.
M3 as good as it gets, only flaws imo is common as sand in the desert, which kills it for me.
How about slightly older 911, or is that too raw for your tastes.
Hope you like whatever you get.

Peter I am in a similar sit to you and have had a e coupe. Lovely car, lots of room to get in and out of etc and comfortable seats

A stupid question, rather than let the access to your garage dictate your choice of car, is there anything that can be done ie moved to make the access easier. Or are we talking moving buildings here !

Have you thought about a CLS AMG?

Or would that be too big for your driveway?

How many seats do you need?

I'm only looking at Coupes as the doors are very large and I lift my wheelchair over me and place the frame of it on the passenger seat (when driving alone) so the CLS is not on my list (but the amg version is a lovely car).

Like both the cars your looking at, I came to a similar decision when looking at potential future replacements at Goodwood, the S5 was very high on my list 4 wheel drive, quick, looks great, lots of toys.
The c350 if loaded has it all fairly quick and frugal, probably not as special driving wise as the Audi.
M3 as good as it gets, only flaws imo is common as sand in the desert, which kills it for me.
How about slightly older 911, or is that too raw for your tastes.
Hope you like whatever you get.

Well I went to look at the A5/S5 coupes today and like what I see. :thumb: The salesman is getting hold of an S5 demonstrator in the next week so I have have a good look at it. :bannana:

He confirmed that the new version is on its way and this will be a V6 Turbo (0-62 in 4.9) and options include sat nav; wifi internet; keyless go, memory seats, adaptive cruise control etc. :D

The only down side is nobody wants my CLK and I have to wait to December for the new S5:mad:

Peter I am in a similar sit to you and have had a e coupe. Lovely car, lots of room to get in and out of etc and comfortable seats

A stupid question, rather than let the access to your garage dictate your choice of car, is there anything that can be done ie moved to make the access easier. Or are we talking moving buildings here !

Indeed I have thought about offering to buy a small piece of neighbours land to make things easier .....(our garages are around the back of our terraced house and the turn to access them at the end of the drive is very very liught and the CLK just makes it).

I am currently more moved by the S5 than the C coupe and could reverse all the way in if needed so its not impossible.

Moving is out of the question - my wife would have us move to the countryside if she got the slightest sniff that I would be prepared to leave here :eek:

Moving is out of the question - my wife would have us move to the countryside if she got the slightest sniff that I would be prepared to leave here
eek.gif

:) country, broker belt ain't so bad

How about

Audi RS5 (2011) long-term test review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online

I have had an ecoupe, it was ideal, as you tilted the passenger seat fwd and the put the frame behind that seat (on the rear seat) with the wheels behind you on the rear seat.

Only touble with and s5 it is about 2" narrower on the inside to the ecoupe so chair frame and wheels side by side on the rear seat was a tad tight. E coupe it fitted perfect, also lots of boot space if needed for the frame

but out of your choices the C coupe or S5, I would go for S5 without a doubt

Only touble with and s5 it is about 2" narrower on the inside to the ecoupe so chair frame and wheels side by side on the rear seat was a tad tight. E coupe it fitted perfect, also lots of boot space if needed for the frame

but out of your choices the C coupe or S5, I would go for S5 without a doubt

That's really useful to know John. I hadn't considered that the interior dimensions might be smaller than the CLK because the outside dimensions are similar (in fact the S5 is about 8 cm wider) I haven't been able to test getting the WC into and out of the car yet but will do with when the demonstrator arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom