C350 Detailed (by hand, no machines)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Today to mark my car being owned by me for 1 month, I set about re detailing my C350. I have not used any machines or polishers and my car has not been washed at all since being in my ownership. I have used an awful lot of elbow grease though. Apologies for some dust in some of the photos, I work outside and it is impossible to get a totally spec free photo!

AG Vinyl and Plastic Care used on interior.
AGVinylcare_zpsdc64f8bd.jpg

Badge reflection!
Badgereflection_zps515baa6a.jpg

Bonnet
Bonnet_zpsf037a1f6.jpg

Boot and rear window
Bootrearwindow_zpsdef7a643.jpg

Bumper detail
Bumper_zpsa19f3364.jpg

Foglight
FogLight_zps26dcd500.jpg

AG inside
Gear_zps67198f1d.jpg

Headlight polished
HeadlightPolished_zpsc8bddd61.jpg

Headlight polished 2
Headlight_zps0438c4d1.jpg

Lock
Lock_zps4cc736ee.jpg

Door shut
RearDoorshut_zpsc36134b0.jpg

Roof
Roof_zps3f331d1e.jpg

Side
Side_zps571bcfdb.jpg

Right through the headlight
Throughtthelight_zps4100121c.jpg

Wheels waxed
Wheelwaxed_zps653a48bf.jpg

Wing
Wing_zps4ee913a3.jpg

Very, very, shiny. I take my hat off to you, sir! (or would do if I was wearing one..)

Cheers,

Gaz

Tasty!!

Great job Greg. Since you bought your car I have been seeing a few 350's in London.

When Anna had the loan 350 I drove it a couple of times, that V6 an absolute joy. I driven an S-Class with that engine, which was quick enough.

Enjoy.

What a great job. :thumb: looks like it has given you a great deal of satisfaction too.

M.

Thanks BD, looking forward to seeing your new car!
Great job Greg. Since you bought your car I have been seeing a few 350's in London.

When Anna had the loan 350 I drove it a couple of times, that V6 an absolute joy. I driven an S-Class with that engine, which was quick enough.

Enjoy.
It is very rapid especially at motorway speeds, I'm constantly having to be good. I have yet to see another c350 elegance but I did see a sport one.

What a great job. :thumb: looks like it has given you a great deal of satisfaction too.

M.
Yes it's been good fun, it's become a hobby:)

..... but I think that is 6 coats of wax now!

lol... good man! :thumb:

That's the spirit :rock:

Fair play to you for doing it by hand too.
That's what I do.

Takes many many hours but it is very rewarding.

Well done. The car looks cracking!

Keep on top of things and it will always look like that! :thumb:

Very nice what wax was used?

Nice job, well done :)

I`m going to do the deed tomorrow on my W211 280 sport, my arm is aching just thinking about it !

Very nice what wax was used?
We'll I,m mainly a zymol fan but I had two bottles of wax unused. I'm using turtlewax as a layering wax and turtle wax colour to mask stone chips etc.

Amazing job!

Your arms must be ready to fall off, given the elbow grease that you clearly used :)

any time you need more exercise with hand cleaning, please let me know .. I would be delighted to bring my CLS down to you for some TLC :)

I thought the general consenses was any more than 2 coats of wax was wasted, sure I've read that on detailing world?

I thought the general consenses was any more than 2 coats of wax was wasted, sure I've read that on detailing world?

I don't know but the results speak for themselves and I guess everytime you apply wax and polish it off you are removing little water marks and scratches. Rash's car doesn't look too bad on 70 waxes!

any time you need more exercise with hand cleaning, please let me know .. I would be delighted to bring my CLS down to you for some TLC :)

Weekends are often busy but maybe one week day morning we could do a couple of hours on a wing or something :)

Weekends are often busy but maybe one week day morning we could do a couple of hours on a wing or something :)

you can have the car from Mon am to Fri pm so you can do the whole thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom