C350 or C63 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dokalj

MB Enthusiast
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a C350 or C63 Coupe 2011 and onwards.

Let's see what you got, I can only say no. :)

Cheers

Wow! Two very different cars.....

What's your criteria for choosing?

Wow! Two very different cars.....

What's your criteria for choosing?

Believe it or not, your not the first person to tell me that!? I haven't driven either - so I don't know the difference, although I think either one could possibly replace my c320 coupe. I would really like a C350 with C63 looks, although this does not exist from the factory...and the C350 is a great engine both in terms of performance and running costs. Additionally, C350s seem very thin on the ground which makes them desirable to me and I would like to own an AMG as everyone says they always deliver by putting a grin on your face and they come pretty kitted out - although my colour choices also seem thin on the ground :(

I'm sure there are more reasons all of which may become apparent during ownership :)

Why not find a dealer and take them for a test drive? A regular v6 Mercedes vs an AMG V8 are so different that you can't really call yourself a serious buyer unless you've decided which one you want.
Finding a Dealer would be the best option as they get paid have have the appropriate insurance to entertain you while you figure out what you're looking for and they might have it in inventory.

Bump :)

I have a post 2011 C350 saloon and find it the perfect combination for me. The C63 is undoubtedly a fantastic car but I found that it demands to be driven hard all the time, not something I want from a daily car. Others no doubt feel differently.

I have the Dynamic Handling package, which tightens the suspension as well as making the throttle response and gear changes more sporty, so when I’m feeling enthusiastic it meets my needs. The 306bhp M276 engine is refined, if not as exciting as the AMG. But it has more than enough performance capability for public roads, without consuming too much fuel. During a European tour it cruised comfortably at 150mph on the Autobahn, shot up Alpine roads and still returned over 35mpg.

I’ve had the car from new, six years ago, and still love it. Your only problem would be finding one.

Believe it or not, your not the first person to tell me that!? I haven't driven either - so I don't know the difference, although I think either one could possibly replace my c320 coupe. I would really like a C350 with C63 looks, although this does not exist from the factory...and the C350 is a great engine both in terms of performance and running costs. Additionally, C350s seem very thin on the ground which makes them desirable to me and I would like to own an AMG as everyone says they always deliver by putting a grin on your face and they come pretty kitted out - although my colour choices also seem thin on the ground :(

I'm sure there are more reasons all of which may become apparent during ownership :)

My C350 has all the amg styling bits and it's twice as fast as a C63 (depending on who leaves the parking brake on)

It's all about the torques :D

p.s. not selling mine as they are as you said, very hard to find.

I have a post 2011 C350 saloon and find it the perfect combination for me. The C63 is undoubtedly a fantastic car but I found that it demands to be driven hard all the time, not something I want from a daily car. Others no doubt feel differently.

I have the Dynamic Handling package, which tightens the suspension as well as making the throttle response and gear changes more sporty, so when I’m feeling enthusiastic it meets my needs. The 306bhp M276 engine is refined, if not as exciting as the AMG. But it has more than enough performance capability for public roads, without consuming too much fuel. During a European tour it cruised comfortably at 150mph on the Autobahn, shot up Alpine roads and still returned over 35mpg.

I’ve had the car from new, six years ago, and still love it. Your only problem would be finding one.

hahaha.......this made me laugh, but I wouldn't want to take your enjoyment away. :)

My C350 has all the amg styling bits and it's twice as fast as a C63 (depending on who leaves the parking brake on)

It's all about the torques :D

p.s. not selling mine as they are as you said, very hard to find.

:) I will keep you posted on which way I go, but there are way more C63s out there!

Not at all. What's popular sells; what isn't, doesn't. A lot more were sold because it was a much more appealing car. Simples.

If you want a wolf in wolf's clothing, a C63 will do fine. If you want something rather less than a wolf in wolf's clothing, a C350 AMG Sport will do fine. Also simples.

Not at all. What's popular sells; what isn't, doesn't. A lot more were sold because it was a much more appealing car. Simples.

If you want a wolf in wolf's clothing, a C63 will do fine. If you want something rather less than a wolf in wolf's clothing, a C350 AMG Sport will do fine. Also simples.
One of the things I like about my C350 Sport is that even with its AMG kit it still doesn’t look like a wolf. It looks like all the other C-class Sports (including the far inferior and common as muck diesels ;)). Nobody expects it to be as fast as it is, so I don’t have to put up with the boy racers in their Ford Focuses or whatever trying to race me.

Did you see what I did there with the mention of diesels? Far more of them sold than C63s and C350s put together. More appealing? Depends on your viewpoint.

If you try conclusions with an 'inferior' 350 diesel with a decent remap or tuning box, you'll get quite a surprise, though the smaller diesels are no great shakes.

I think the OP knows in his heart of hearts that he really wants an AMG, but he's not prepared to admit it yet. The 6.2 n/a engine is a bit limp when it comes to low-end torque compared to a supercharged or twin-turbo V8, but that's relative; most cars are very limp in the same company. If rev-happy engines that also have plenty of power appeal, a C63 would do fine. A 350 would be a more sensible choice, but perhaps he's not that sensible yet.

I know I'm not, and I'm an OAP....:banana:

I suppose deep down I may want a C63 Coupe, but as touched on above, they are popular cars, so there's a lot around! On the other hand a C350 Coupe with subtle AMG mods maybe the way to go, but I wouldn't want a car which is trying to be something it isn't:fail:...perhaps it will be badged a C35 Coupe? :dk:

In addition, C63s have a lot of kit as standard, whereas C350s seem to be hit and miss and RARE!!! :wallbash:

Dont dismiss an E350 CDi Coupe.....as quick if not quicker than a C350 Petrol version. Loads of torque, smooth 6 cylinder engine and excellent MPG. Actually, I may know of somebody selling a lovely white one for little money ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom