C350 re map worth it??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spice52

Car
C350 CDi AMG
Hello

Anyone had a C350 re map done?

If yes what's your thoughts?

The car is pretty rapid standard, but wondering if its worth it?

Reliability is a concern through the gearbox / final drive , anyone had troubles?

See quite a few on here say Celtic? are they the best ones?

Thanks lots

I had mine chipped sometime ago by TDI Tuning.

I can remove it when it goes in to the Stealer and definitely can tell the difference.

TDI reckon that it increases performance to 330 BHP I think from memory, from the resulting extra kick in the pants I wouldn't dispute it but of course difficult to prove without a dyno.

The C350e is rapid enough but I've chipped my last 4 vehicles and it's a habit difficult to break :)

Glad I did it, have had no issues.

Hi, what impact does the chip have on the fuel economy and how much did the chip cost?

We use celtic tuning for our diesel maps. Fuel economy will vary depending on how you drive it. My S320CDI is mapped (similar engine to yours) and I have had a 3mpg decrease in fuel useage. I do drive it hard though!

Their website will give you figures.

Hi, what impact does the chip have on the fuel economy and how much did the chip cost?

I've not noticed any difference with economy, 80% of the time I drive it in eco or comfort anyway.

Cost was £320.

I had Tdi fit it as it's a lot more complicated to fit than a diesel system which would just plug into the common rail.

We use celtic tuning for our diesel maps. Fuel economy will vary depending on how you drive it. My S320CDI is mapped (similar engine to yours) and I have had a 3mpg decrease in fuel useage. I do drive it hard though!

Their website will give you figures.

Do you rate Celtic ? They get slated on a few forums .

Many years ago I had Celtic map my Honda Civic 2.2d and the difference was staggering !

I've had my E63 almost 2 weeks now and im fighting the urge to have it mapped !

Do you rate Celtic ? They get slated on a few forums .

Many years ago I had Celtic map my Honda Civic 2.2d and the difference was staggering !

I've had my E63 almost 2 weeks now and im fighting the urge to have it mapped !
How many clutches and DMF's did you get through on the Civic though? I managed to munch through a set at only 45k miles - I didn't even have mine mapped. Awesome car/engine though.

How many clutches and DMF's did you get through on the Civic though? I managed to munch through a set at only 45k miles - I didn't even have mine mapped. Awesome car/engine though.

None , I only tend to keep my car a few months ;)

Agreed on that engine though - awesome !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom