C350 Rear tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update after I measured the tread myself.
Turns out the passenger rear had a bad buckle and was at 0mm apart from the edges which had plenty left.
I also recently had the passenger front wheel replaired.
The drivers side rear is still at 3-4mm across the whole width.

Both tyres were fitted at the same time, both running the same pressure. They were fitted just after the rear subframe was replaced and alignment done.

Would a buckle cause the difference in wear ?

On a side note, I am going to try and claim off the council for the damage to both driver side wheels, I know the pot hole, it was huge - anyone done this before ?

On a side note, I am going to try and claim off the council for the damage to both driver side wheels, I know the pot hole, it was huge - anyone done this before ?
Yes I have and as you might imagine, it is a pain in the back side. I attempted to claim from Hampshire County Council for £700 of lower control arm damage in 2021. The claim failed because I couldn't supply a photo of the location (because I live 130 miles from the fast A road in question and theres absolutely nowhere to safely park or to walk to get a photo). Therefore they simply wouldn't continue because it was my word against theirs.

If you're going to do it, take lots of pictures, pinpoint the precise location, put in all your receipts, get your time/date straight etc. Also, you'll want to put in a freedom of information request to the council concerned for the schedule of inspection(s) for the road you're talking about - this is important as it can prove (if you're lucky) that they neglected to inspect or repair the damage prior to your issue.

However, you may find (like I did) that no matter what you say, they'll simply deny all knowledge and claim the road is in a fine health and you can go whistle for any money. I recently reported 6 different areas of damage/potholes on roads local to me, with 3 different authorities, 2 have already come back to me, basically calling me a liar and denying there's any issue.

Don't mean to sound negative but its an uphill struggle with these incompetents morons. Good luck with your claim all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom