C350cdi having remap... Delete egr?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billbill

Car
c350 cdi
Hello ,

I am having my 2010 c350cdi remapped by GAD essex in a couple of weeks and have been offered an EGR delete for nothing.

I am not overly technically minded so was just wondering about people's opinions on whether to do the EGR delete or not?

I am also keen to hear from those who have had a remap on a similar car and if you had the EGR delete done? How long ago was this and what are your experiences?

Thanks

Bill

EGR is exhaust gases which are recycled into the engine and is dirty so cause blockages so deletion is good. I’d just have the egr blanked off and mapped out cause it’s a mot failure if the egr valve isn’t present nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically doesn't need a slip in blank as egr off in map prevents egr from opening .

Keeping dpf ?

Thanks

There has been no talk of deleting dpf, think that may be a step too far, plus I'm sure with more strict mot regulations coming may not be the best idea.

Any modification/disabling of emissions controls (DPF, EGR etc..) will be a MoT fail, technically. whether it gets picked up is another thing...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Same as this , I'm sure remapping guys electronicly know if it's disabled.

Best find out if the egr is a prerequisite of dpf regeneration it helps regulate both the pressure and temperature on some marques .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom