C350cdi remapped at GAD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billbill

Car
c350 cdi
So had my 2010 c350cdi remapped today by Anthony at GAD (Egr delete also. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about what he does and his equipment is first class. I felt extremely confident with leaving him to it, the whole process taking about an hour and a half.

So, the dyno results were a little surprising, with the car being quite down on power from stock (hopefully nothing to worry about)

Standard we got 211bhp and 506 nm

Remapped it made 284 bhp and 695 nm

So quite a sizable gain. I haven't really had a chance to access the difference yet due to Christmas traffic, but on one spirited squirt the torque increase was very noticeable. I will aim to give updates because when I was researching I couldn't find masses of info. One thing I will add is that due to the ecu now not needing to be physically removed, prices are lower !

Thanks to those who contributed to help.

Bill

Good results , almost supernatural !

I wonder why it was down , any pre diagnostics fault codes ?

Dyno print outs ?

Dpf ?

A gain of almost 200nm!! Wow

Looking forward to the reports on this, as I am tempted meself, when you say the ecu does not now need to be physically removed, does this included w207 E class coupe's 350cdi.

There were no fault codes on the car prior to remap and it was running perfectly well. I had no inkling power was down and I would say 'bits of fun' with other game drivers certainly ended positivity with 2l diesels. In fact I can recall one time being very evenly matched to an e350 cdi.

I'm not overly technical, but Anthony at GAD was monitoring both entry and exit pressures of the DPF and believed it to be OK.

Afraid I'm not too au fait with which models can and can't be done via obd port, but would assume similar vintage would use similar means.

Can't believe you didn't get rid of the dreaded particularl fing .

Didn't particularly fink.......about it.

Maybe on the stage 2

So, just a few quick thoughts for those interested..........It's been too wet on the ground to see how the car goes from a standing start, but once rolling there is a definite difference in the feel of things....

Due to the added torque the car makes good progress without needing for higher revs....this leads the gearbox to change up earlier and thus the overall experience when cruising along is calmer and more relaxed......I feel like I am now just brushing the accelerator rather than pushing it down (again more relaxing and pleasing). The gear changes also feel smoother and this is particularly noticeable when the car is still cold and when I plant my right foot......The gearbox was always very good once warmed up, but now changes are virtually unnoticeable.

When putting my foot down the response and kickdown seems slightly quicker. There is still lag, but not as pronounced, whether this is the map or the ERG delete I don't know. So, I'm really enjoying the new experience and it's all positive. I don't do any regular journeys so won't be able to see if the mpg has improved, but I'm guessing that the need for fewer revs may well help. I'd read elsewhere that the car would take longer to warm up after an ERG delete....not true.

Oh..... and I haven't even tried the sport button on the dash since the remap!!!!!!!!!

Good, report. :)
Gonna see in the new year how me finances are. :D

So, just a few quick thoughts for those interested..........It's been too wet on the ground to see how the car goes from a standing start, but once rolling there is a definite difference in the feel of things....

Due to the added torque the car makes good progress without needing for higher revs....this leads the gearbox to change up earlier and thus the overall experience when cruising along is calmer and more relaxed......I feel like I am now just brushing the accelerator rather than pushing it down (again more relaxing and pleasing). The gear changes also feel smoother and this is particularly noticeable when the car is still cold and when I plant my right foot......The gearbox was always very good once warmed up, but now changes are virtually unnoticeable.

When putting my foot down the response and kickdown seems slightly quicker. There is still lag, but not as pronounced, whether this is the map or the ERG delete I don't know. So, I'm really enjoying the new experience and it's all positive. I don't do any regular journeys so won't be able to see if the mpg has improved, but I'm guessing that the need for fewer revs may well help. I'd read elsewhere that the car would take longer to warm up after an ERG delete....not true.

Oh..... and I haven't even tried the sport button on the dash since the remap!!!!!!!!!
I got my 270CDI done by GAD with EGR delete too. Anthony told me it might take a couple of weeks for the remap to really settle in as part of the process involves deleting all the driving data from the ECU. I have to say for me he was absolutely right, at first I could feel the increase in power but it didn't feel like a massive difference. But after a couple of weeks of driving the car it had re-learnt my driving style and now the power is much more "ready" for when I want it and everything feels sportier as a result. I would assume you'll notice the same with yours.

Alot of cars are like that and need at least 50 miles , as it learns the new values any initial dyno print with jumpy power and torque lines are smoothed out .

Elneilios..........I am more than happy with the car and the way it drives, but if it gets better, as you say it might, then brilliant. I remember the when i first got the car I felt like the gearbox definitely learnt my driving style and got smoother. At the moment I simply haven't been driving very far.....I could really do with a long journey to do a bit of exploration.

What’s the engine in the C350? Is it the same 3.0 V6 diesel as the E/CLS350? 280bhp and 500lbs torque sounds very good to me.

I quite fancy a remap on my other half’s CLS350. Had one on my E320 and that made a huge difference to acceleration in gear and throttle response.

Is the gearbox good for that much torque too?

Gear box can quite easily take around 730nm of torque.

Normaly the OM642 3L V6 diesel engine should make around 310bhp and 700nm (518 lb) torque from a remap but in this case is slightly down.

GAD Tuning appear to have quite a high reputation now for their tuning work and are extremely highly regarded on the tuning scene and cracking the codes via OBD tuning on alot of current range MB model Lines including those that have been phased out that previously required for the ECU to be physically removed.

Quite a gain from a remap. I’d be happy with upping the
CLS to 280bhp and more torque as it’s not sluggish as it is.

I only ask about the gearbox as I thought the reason the torque in the 6.2 models was less than the 5.5 was due to the 7 speed box where the older 5 speed was tougher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex, My c350 is the pre facelift model, so 231bhp and 540 nm. The later one made 261 and 620 and it is this one that Flash talks about making 310/700.

Yes, gearbox is well within operating temperatures at 700nm.

As Flash says, Remapping can be done by plugging the laptop into the car now on alot of models rather than physically taking the ecu out. GAD also now have a dyno so you get a before and after figure with a printout of both runs. For the extra gain I consider this remap to be pretty good value.

I was out today on some national speed limit roads and dual carriage ways and wow, this thing flys. At one point I accelerated away from a roundabout and the X5 35d that had been trying to keep up disappeared very quickly. The gear changes at full throttle were instant and smooth and the eagerness of the engine was relentless. I'm finding on roads that before I could floor the throttle and perhaps hold it for a couple of seconds, I simply can't because there is so much torque propelling me forward.

I have the dynamic handling package on my car and all this spirited driving today was in normal mode. I never found the sport button made masses of difference before on the move other than making the suspension firmer, but I'm almost too scared to press it!
Saying that I did have sport mode on once at a set of lights and despite the roads being dry I had a fair amount of yellow triangle flashing at me, yet still the acceleration was pretty fierce and my nine year old daughter proclaimed the car "alot quicker".

I watched a YouTube video of a chap with a Brabus box doing sub 5 second 0-60 runs and although I couldn't see how he was timing this, it does make me wonder .. ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom