c350e 13AMP Charger Box Grommet Broken Full of Water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smethers

Car
ordered C350e
2016 c350e 13 Amp charger box - grommet come out and box filled with water (certainly not IP67 compliant)

Synter MB in Milton Keynes say need to book car in and not look at lead only (evident what the problem is) - so booked in on 26th Jan - told lead would be replaced under warranty - now told earliest delivery is 20th Feb !

So nearly 1 month unable to plug in at work or at home (pointless getting a 32amp socket as wont have another battery car until winter range is better than 8 miles (ok in winter as nearly 16) !

30 days to get a replacement lead - not sure MB and MB UK taking electric cars seriously !

Interestingly they (Sytner MK) gave me back the potentially dangerous lead with no Do No Use sign - or kept it at the dealership. Surely they need to have some sort of process to prevent re-use of a dangerous lead - I left company car at work whilst away on trip, someone else used the vehicle and plugged the lead in !

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    789.9 KB · Views: 25
I think I've read somewhere else that there is a shortage of chargers available.

Interestingly they (Sytner MK) gave me back the potentially dangerous lead with no Do No Use sign - or kept it at the dealership. Surely they need to have some sort of process to prevent re-use of a dangerous lead - I left company car at work whilst away on trip, someone else used the vehicle and plugged the lead in !

This made me laugh and sums up the modern day world. Why didn't you put a sign on it or throw it in the bin? You know it's broken but you've left it lying around for someone else to use and it's Sytner's fault!
:rolleyes:o_O:D

Yes get it but as MB had the car from 8 till nearly 6pm just to check out a lead ! I had to rush to work and get someone to drive me to an airport for a work trip so I left it in the boot where Sytner left it - I think they have some legal responsibility and not give me an unsafe lead !

Can't throw it in the bin as they need to send it back under warranty !

Yes get it but as MB had the car from 8 till nearly 6pm just to check out a lead ! I had to rush to work and get someone to drive me to an airport for a work trip so I left it in the boot where Sytner left it - I think they have some legal responsibility and not give me an unsafe lead !

Can't throw it in the bin as they need to send it back under warranty !

Hi Smethers

I am looking for c350e owners as I have a few questions and need help. Not sure if you will read this post but worth a shot.

1. How many charge cable did your c350e came with?
2. Have you noticed that if you drive the car. Then turn off ignition and lock the car. The engine fan starts to spin.
3. I am facing issue with charging. Is this car AC or DC? I see the red battery light flash in the plug area...any idea?
Thanks

Last edited:
Synter MK - not a place I would deal with again (my personal view)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom