C350e anyone considering one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian_Mac

Having a little browse on the Mercedes website earlier and noticed the info on the C350e. The figures sound quite impressive with a combined MPG in excess of 130 and a 0-60 time of less than 6 seconds.

I realise these things have to be taken with a pinch of salt but it does sound good. I've driven the E300 hybrid which I really liked and am wondering how the 350e will compare.

Anyone on here thinking of going down the C350e route?

Yes. But so fat no demo's out there

Having a little browse on the Mercedes website earlier and noticed the info on the C350e. The figures sound quite impressive with a combined MPG in excess of 130 and a 0-60 time of less than 6 seconds.

I realise these things have to be taken with a pinch of salt but it does sound good. I've driven the E300 hybrid which I really liked and am wondering how the 350e will compare.

Anyone on here thinking of going down the C350e route?

Yes, been thinking about ordering for the last 2 weeks.

Currently decided on a saloon (due to the co2) rather than the estate with the premium pack. (due to 2018 co2 BIK)

Been advised no demos until at least July in the UK, so its going to be a case of ordering without test driving one which im not sure i like the idea of in all honesty, but having an extended demo in a W205 so will try and get a feel for the car, ok it wont have the extra 200/300kg or airmatic but its the best im going to get.

You thinking as a company car or private buy ?

Rick

I have been running an E300 Bluetec for 20 months now, and it has been excellent. I have the C350e Premium Plus Estate on order since 10th. March (optioned with Palladium Silver, Grey Leather, Fineline wood trim, 18in Alloys and LED Intelligent light system), which I have gone with obviously without the test drive. I should get it 1st. September- I understand there only 40 allocated to the UK until the end of 2015?

I have been running an E300 Bluetec for 20 months now, and it has been excellent. I have the C350e Premium Plus Estate on order since 10th. March (optioned with Palladium Silver, Grey Leather, Fineline wood trim, 18in Alloys and LED Intelligent light system), which I have gone with obviously without the test drive. I should get it 1st. September- I understand there only 40 allocated to the UK until the end of 2015?

Sounds a nice car.

I have too heard this 40 number but only on this forum, would be good to understand the source of that as when speaking directly to MB corporate team they had no information on numbers.

Thanks

Nothing to me about limited numbers but certainly interesting to know

One of the leasing companies is offering them for circa £300pm which seems odd if the numbers are so limited.

That 40 figure is not true at all. We had a fair amount of initial allocation, which has gone now. They're ramping up production gradually, I guess once they know what demand is like. We're currently taking orders for September delivery

That 40 figure is not true at all. We had a fair amount of initial allocation, which has gone now. They're ramping up production gradually, I guess once they know what demand is like. We're currently taking orders for September delivery

glad to hear that it is wrong. The comment came from 2 leasing companies at different times, so I suspect a rumour to suit a sales drive!
Mine is on order from MB Liverpool, but still awaiting an allocation and confirmed delivery date.
Presume you are in the trade?

Yeah, MB dealer. Allocation will pop up in the next few weeks, so don't worry about it. It comes through in chunks, so it's quite hard to give customers a realistic timescale.

Yeah, MB dealer. Allocation will pop up in the next few weeks, so don't worry about it. It comes through in chunks, so it's quite hard to give customers a realistic timescale.

That's reassuring, thanks! For a few weeks now they've been saying 'don't worry, you name is on the list' , but I'm a bit pedantic on these things! I have a question you might be able to answer...I would dearly have loved the cranberry red leather but it's not optioned on this model (went for premium plus), if you pushed hard would MB do it?

You'd have to pay loads and order through the boutique ordering system. You're looking at thousands

OK, thanks- in that case, Crystal Grey it is!
I had been going for a C300 AMG Line Premium Plus estate, and the red leather looked stunning, but hey! You are a useful chap to have on this forum, appreciate your insight

That's why I joined. I've always been an active forum member with all the cars I've owned and I don't see why I can't be any different with me working for MB. I've always been a complete car geek and I'm the go to guy at work for what's coming out, so I'm sure I'll be useful on here. I know car salesmen don't have the best rep [emoji51]

i've known loads of good car (and other) sales people! sounds like you are one.
look forward to picking your brain more...like I am only going with the C this time around until my next change in 2 years when i hope the new E will be here- what's the realistic date for that?

We haven't been given any confirmed dates yet, but I would expect it to arrive Q1 next year, maybe Q2. I'm hoping that the new entry level 1.6 Diesel engine is good in the e class and that they swap into the A, B etc instead of that awful 1.5 renault block. I feel it's spoils the while range, it's so boomy

hmmm
just got word from my dealer, quoting MBUK
"Sorry it's not good news. The C350e engine has been heavily restricted up to October production. From October to December we have reasonable supply. Unfortunately there is nothing available prior to this. Something is going in to the retailer bulletin this week"
So it won't be September 1st. Delivery, that's sure, but when? I await more word. Meantime I am looking at a lease gap, I doubt Arval will want to extend for a couple of months so I'll have to look at my options!

I now know of 2 other cars which have been ordred and are "due" in August, guess they wont be getting theirs either.

Im still waiting confirmation of order.

good luck- just went on the Nationwide Contract hire website for a mooch, and they have them on with a November delivery date, which I expect is them just splitting October and December!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom