C350e anyone considering one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well about a month into running the car and I'm averaging around 53 mpg. As this is far better than the diesel that preceded it I'm quite happy with that. Do have a question though, for those who have been running a C350e for longer than me.

I'm due to be away for just over three weeks soon. The question is should I leave the car 'plugged in' or not?

I have a charging point at home so it would be a 'locked in' 16 amp type 2 cable.

No. I wouldn't bother. The batteries don't discharge and I'd rather have all the flaps closed up and secure if I was away for that length of time. You won't benefit from having it plugged in at all.

So what is the current lead time?

I ordered at the end of January and still haven't got a real delivery date.

I ordered mid Feb (sport estate, no add-on's) and originally got told end of May. Current estimate is July 4th and spoke to dealer today who said they are expecting it to be delivered to them today so hopefully will have within a week or too. Not bad considering some waiting 7 to 8 months. Guess it depends on what you ordered. Suspect if I had added the premium pack would be waiting longer.

Mine was ordered end of May.
Just been told due to dealer on 17th August, so not long at all.

I added a few options too... although Artico dash was on a constraint so decided I could live without it to get the car pre-Christmas!

So is it reasonable to assume that current lead time is around 5-6 months? I saw a few in stock cars at good leasing price, but I don't need it yet.

Just thinking about possible depreciation on C350e to work out whether I want to buy or lease. I only want one of these things for 2-3 years, at which point I'll replace it with something with a better electric range.

I reckon pound will weaken even more against Euro, so that will push prices up
Also if there are trade tariffs, then that will put prices up
A new model must be coming soon, which will push prices down
Other manufacturers will produce more competitive models (there are virtually none at the moment!) and that will push prices down

So all in all, it seems likely that values will be maintained as per usual - or is this just a load of rubbish?!

Given that the discounts on the car (list of £40k) are about £10,000, would it be fair to say that over 2 years, the value is unlikely to drop by more than £10k, to £20k - which would be effectively 50% of retail. If it did drop this much, then it would probably make sense to lease.

Actually, has anyone here got a copy of Glasses to find the trade value of a mid 2015 c350e saloon or estate with 20k on the clock?

Just stick a registration into we buy any car.
That's all many dealers are doing these days.

Just thinking about possible depreciation on C350e to work out whether I want to buy or lease. I only want one of these things for 2-3 years, at which point I'll replace it with something with a better electric range.

I reckon pound will weaken even more against Euro, so that will push prices up
Also if there are trade tariffs, then that will put prices up
A new model must be coming soon, which will push prices down
Other manufacturers will produce more competitive models (there are virtually none at the moment!) and that will push prices down

So all in all, it seems likely that values will be maintained as per usual - or is this just a load of rubbish?!

Given that the discounts on the car (list of £40k) are about £10,000, would it be fair to say that over 2 years, the value is unlikely to drop by more than £10k, to £20k - which would be effectively 50% of retail. If it did drop this much, then it would probably make sense to lease.

Actually, has anyone here got a copy of Glasses to find the trade value of a mid 2015 c350e saloon or estate with 20k on the clock?

I have done a deal for px'ing my Sep 2015 C350e against a new E350e. I got a very good deal on the c350e - with all options list of £ 45k , less £ 5k grant, less discount car was £ 33k. I am getting £ 22.5k 2 years and 20k miles later. The px value hasn't been ramped up as I am getting £ 13k discount on the E350e.

You won't get £5k grant now on these cars. Only £2.5k

I got 28k for my fully loaded c350e against a fully loaded E350e after 1 year and 20k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely lovely.

Really is a massive step up from the C (which I lived too)

Suspensions settings are more pronounced I think as are the engine settings

Ride/chassis is sublime.

Electric motor I believe is 80kw rather than 72kw to make up for the additional weight.

Regen. Is definitely better imho.

No Hdd media storage for MP3s!
No personal POIs in sat nav (I used to have the speed cameras on the C's sat nav)

Beautiful car imho ... pics in my gallery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping you would say that ! Shame there doesn't seem to be a way around the speed cameras - all new MB's will suffer with this. Apologies for all the questions below !

I was going to go with the diamond cut metal to brighten up the black interior (I had a black interior in my CLS and found it gloomy) but are now thinking of the metal weave - are you happy with it in a black interior ?

Are the additional Mercedes Me services any good - what does 'office' do ?

I have gone with the 'massage seats' - did you get them and if so are they worth the money ?

I ordered early June and expected delivery mid / late Sept but now haven't even got a build date - the branch General Manager is intervening to try to push it along - apparently the problem is with Driver Assistance and Widescreen Cockpit, neither of which I would do without.

Newbie here. My C350e sport premium saloon obsidian black with black artico interior arrives next Friday and it can't come quickly enough! I actually wanted selenite grey with one of the lighter coloured interiors, premium plus and driving assistance but that would have been a factory order and another three months. When I was offered this for 1st sept delivery 3 weeks from ordering and an extra £1500 discount, my impatience got the better of me.
So I have one simple request of you all please, no mention of how much better other colours are or how important it is to got for Premium plus, etc, to remind me of the consequences of my impatience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom