C350e anyone considering one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, not had chance to book it in yet. V.busy with work n stuff boohoo

In response to having temp gauge update... Still not had mine done boohoo

In response to having temp gauge update... Still not had mine done boohoo

I had mine done only to find out it only shows temp on the screen with total distance covered on, which I don't really use. :doh:

I had mine done only to find out it only shows temp on the screen with total distance covered on, which I don't really use. :doh:

Really? What use is that? Like you I never use that screen either.

To me the outside temperature is much more important than kph, especially at this time of the year and should therefore be on all screens.

The maximum charge rate can be set in the menu options on the instrument panel. I seem to remember that the options are 8A, 13A and maximum (16A).

There are also two selectable charging rates on the brick at 8A or the full 13A.

Yeah I thought you could only do 8A on the mains cable, thats what I expecting to have it charging at, fully 13A for hours on end does sound worrying!

Just an update on mine:

Ordered mine at the start of January and was given a provisional delivery date of mid-July (7 months), which fitted with the lead times most had been quoted.

I've had an email from fleet today and I've been given a revised delivery date of the 2nd of May...!!!!

Impressive, considering a guy in my office ordered his CLA in November and isn't due to take delivery until mid-May.

Just over 2 months to go :bannana:

TBKing said:
Just an update on mine: Ordered mine at the start of January and was given a provisional delivery date of mid-July (7 months), which fitted with the lead times most had been quoted. I've had an email from fleet today and I've been given a revised delivery date of the 2nd of May...!!!! Impressive, considering a guy in my office ordered his CLA in November and isn't due to take delivery until mid-May. Just over 2 months to go :bannana:

Hi, those were the same sort of timelines I was given but ordered end Dec and delivery mid June. Who was yours through?

Check this out, ordered end of Jan, get it around the 20th March. Being built on Monday apparently. Very lucky indeed!

Wow and I thought mine was a good lead time, ordered 23rd Dec (when the order got placed this close to Christmas I don't know) and delivered to the dealers on the 18th March, for pickup the week after hopefully!:D

That gives me hope. Ordered at the end of January, fully loaded estate with premium+ (without the air balance kit - £300 odd quid for an air freshener... really?!) in hyacinth red and currently have an estimate of mid-July.

Moving from a 13 plate E220 CDI - looking forward to the drop in BIK and a bit more poke in the tank.

Seems the vast majority of folks on here have ordered in Brilliant Blue - not seeing many in Red.

in hyacinth red and currently have an estimate of mid-July. Seems the vast majority of folks on here have ordered in Brilliant Blue - not seeing many in Red.

Me jealous? You bet! When I ordered on about 7 Jan I wanted your colour but it could not meet my deadline of early April. So I chose designo Diamond White instead. I need the car a good 4-6 weeks before our big France/Italy adventure in late May/ early June to shake it down and debug it. Well done and Enjoy it!

Been allocated a registration number, still awaiting a delivery date, ordered last August.

Really does seem like supply has been sorted out, I was never expecting mine to turn up around when my current vehicle was due back, I had prepared myself for a summer delivery.

One thing I would say from personal experience is to be careful charging at the full 13A. My outdoor socket has failed with a big crack running across the face plate. I presume this is down to heat generated from a continuous 13A draw.

It would be good if anyone is aware of an outdoor socket that's officially rated for 13A continuous. I would suggest that's one major benefit of having the charger installation done.

There are also two selectable charging rates on the brick at 8A or the full 13A.

A return to this important topic with some results of tests on a 13A socket I've just installed on the hardstanding where my C350e will be kept (no garage or car port). But first a comment on the cracked socket. In the bad old days it was often the PLUG of a 3kW electric fire that overheated, became brittle and cracked. Round pins and sockets were the culprits; flat pins and contacts were a solution. For the SOCKET to overheat suggests that the feed cable was not screwed tightly enough into the socket terminals. Poor contacts initially cause mild heating. Repeat heating/cooling and therefore expansion/contraction causes the contacts to loosen until it's bad enough to cause serious temperature rise. In multi-strand cable, if some of the strands break the rest carry more current and overheat even more. And so you can get cracking. Any socket from a leading supplier to the industry should be able to provide 13A continuously if properly installed.

So this socket of mine is about 35 metres from the ring main. With 8A drawing I get a four volt drop and with 12A drawing in a resistive load there is an eight volt drop along the cable at the socket for the car. This means that some 100W of energy is lost in the cable. You wouldn't want to put your hand on a 100W bulb but there is hardly any temperature rise detectable along the cable. But the voltage to feed the EV charge cable will be about 232 not 240 so the kWh available for charging will be affected - but not by enough to worry anyone.

I was unsure that 13A charging was possible from a domestic socket but this extract from a Jan 2015 press release confirms that it is:

"Thanks to an intelligent on-board charging system, the battery can be recharged in around 1 hour 45 minutes at a wallbox or at one of the growing number of public charging points (230 V, 16 A, 3.7 kW single-phase), which in some cases offer privileged parking. Alternatively, charging via a standard domestic socket is of course also possible. Depending on the connection, a charge time of around two hours is achievable (with 230 V and 13 A, 3.0 kW)."

but I don't know what it means by "depending on the connection".

hyp3rtoo said:
That gives me hope. Ordered at the end of January, fully loaded estate with premium+ (without the air balance kit - £300 odd quid for an air freshener... really?!) in hyacinth red and currently have an estimate of mid-July. Moving from a 13 plate E220 CDI - looking forward to the drop in BIK and a bit more poke in the tank. Seems the vast majority of folks on here have ordered in Brilliant Blue - not seeing many in Red.

My original choice was brilliant blue but I went for Hyacincth Red after seeing a CLS in this colour at the dealer. Mine is due first week of April, I ordered in early October - can't wait.

I am also moving from a 13 plate e class, I just hope the back seat proves big enough for my 6 year old. He has a habit of kicking the seatback.

Well i'm finally in Count down mode... NHS Fleet Solutions order in July - and i'm expecting "Early March 2016"... No contact made yet, but i'm hoping in the next 2 weeks.

Have sent the obligatory "Can i have the Mercedes Me" connected services pleaseeee! - and waiting for the most likely fail response!

Nearest Garage is Brighton/Hove about 45 mins away, hoping they are more receptive if the first attempt fails!

Dr Pat / Anyone else using NHS Fleet - have you got yours connected?

Hi, those were the same sort of timelines I was given but ordered end Dec and delivery mid June. Who was yours through?

Hi mate,

Mine is being ordered as a company car, via Lex AutoLease. Not 100% which MB dealer they use, but I believe it is MB Boston, as that is where my demo car is coming from.

Please be aware of a design fault with the plug-in charging cover as mine has fractured on the hinge section and unfortunately it is moulded to the rear bumper assembly. The hinge cover costs approx. £12.50 and to replace the hinge section will cost £1,700 for a replacement bumper and my car is also required for two weeks to carry out the work! For those of you with the car take a look at the hinged flap strength as it certainly worth knowing about my issue. I'm not sure whether the flap hinge was already fractured on deliver as the cover came off in my hands when I tried to open it.

Please be aware of a design fault with the plug-in charging cover as mine has fractured on the hinge section and unfortunately it is moulded to the rear bumper assembly. The hinge cover costs approx. £12.50 and to replace the hinge section will cost £1,700 for a replacement bumper and my car is also required for two weeks to carry out the work! For those of you with the car take a look at the hinged flap strength as it certainly worth knowing about my issue. I'm not sure whether the flap hinge was already fractured on deliver as the cover came off in my hands when I tried to open it.

Eeeek - looking at both your posts, it does not sound like you are having fun? - only hoping the drive / comfort is helping to ease the pain (when you have the car and it is not at a garage at least!) - good to know about the hinge, will double check before signing it over :)

Thanks for that I will do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom